During the course of this election, how have your political views changed? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 12:55:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  During the course of this election, how have your political views changed? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: During the course of this election, how have your political views changed?
They have become more conservative

They have stayed the same

They have become more liberal

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 105

Author Topic: During the course of this election, how have your political views changed?  (Read 6648 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: December 05, 2016, 10:47:19 PM »

Literally zero people switched from Obama to Trump because of immigration and big government. Nice try, though.

If Trump fails us and caves to that heartless coward sociopath Paul Ryan, just see how swiftly we abandon him too.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 10:51:41 PM »

As for me, I got pulled so far to the left that my party label switched. I used to think center-left pro-business liberalism was good for all, but my mindset is totally with the labor movement now, and I feel foolish for previously conflating the two as equally relevant, good and indistinct philosophies.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 01:46:21 AM »

As for me, I got pulled so far to the left that my party label switched. I used to think center-left pro-business liberalism was good for all, but my mindset is totally with the labor movement now, and I feel foolish for previously conflating the two as equally relevant, good and indistinct philosophies.

So, did you just vote for Trump because of abortion and political correctness, or did you have another reason?

I originally typed up a few policy planks, but more importantly, there is the fact that Hillary is not a great person and her husband is even worse. Everything being faked and rehearsed is not a good look. I'll never forget her performance pieces in the first debate which enraged me. But I will absolutely forget her dull and uninspiring speech to follow up Obama's inspiring words the night before the election.

The biggest issue of all was that this was a battle for the face of America, so it's easy to choose the one that is my voice. The Presidency is a chance to make a statement about what is the true ideal for the American future by electing the face of a movement that represents something everyone should be proud of. We are electing a message  - unlike Congress which is driven by actual policy planks (so much so that I chose someone I liked significantly less for the sake of party lines). Donald Trump just gets it. He is right on most of the cultural issues that pop up on a day's notice. I want that to be the voice that speaks louder than any other whenever any event that causes division happens. I know I can count on him to be right on the money and humorous as usual.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies