St Louis police murder scandal (PLUS: riots, idiotic press conferences, etc.) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 07:41:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  St Louis police murder scandal (PLUS: riots, idiotic press conferences, etc.) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: St Louis police murder scandal (PLUS: riots, idiotic press conferences, etc.)  (Read 46390 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: August 13, 2014, 10:11:05 PM »

If guns weren't so prevalent, I would completely advocate that street cops should not be armed with lethal weapons. As long as they are, you are going to get tragedies like this.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 12:16:01 PM »

From what I gather, the story is that the police officer, tipped off to a nearby robbery, drove up to Brown and his friend, shouted obscenities, and attempted to open the door. Brown pushed back on the door and stopped the officer from exiting his vehicle. Brown and the officer then got into a physical confrontation with the officer inside the car and Brown outside of it. During which time, they tussled over the officer's gun until the gun went off. At that point, Brown breaks away and tries running from the vehicle. The officer fires his gun and grazes Brown. Brown, realizing he is caught, stops and puts his hands up, but the officer at this point continues to shoot, killing Brown. Brown is in the wrong until the very end, at which point the officer is in the wrong.

It is only what happens at the very end that disturbs me. An unarmed guy standing 10 or 20 feet away, who is surrendering, should not be shot execution style. There is still a lot of unreleased information out there, but this is the element the police haven't explained.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 10:27:37 AM »

I just saw a video where a guy supposedly says that Brown "kept coming" towards the officer at the end, and the officer "missed" more than once before finally shooting him. That would certainly be very different from him having his hands up. So it seems to be conflicting witness accounts at this point.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 11:21:16 PM »

I assume there's a toxicology report in the works.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 05:07:23 PM »

I thought they were gonna say he had PCP or something.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies