When will we see effort to address unaffordable dental care? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:37:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  When will we see effort to address unaffordable dental care? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When will we see effort to address unaffordable dental care?  (Read 1363 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: July 26, 2014, 11:48:57 AM »

I'd really like to know how it can be justified that a root canal plus a crown can cost up to $2000 for a single tooth. In terms of time actually with the dentist, the total process including the follow-up is no more than 2-3 hours max. Insurance is one thing, but how exactly do you get the astronomical costs of certain procedures down to a reasonable level?

I have done some research, and I was surprised to learn that many countries that provide universal healthcare do not publicly fund dental care at the same level.

For example, nearly all of dental funding in Canada is private, and only 45% of British folks are registered with a public dentist.

That actually surprises me. I thought this country was bad with roughly 100 million Americans without dental insurance, but even that number is probably better than at least several other similar industrialized countries.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies