2004: no major parties (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:54:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004: no major parties (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004: no major parties  (Read 1202 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 22, 2005, 04:40:42 PM »

sorry if this was done before. i didnt see it anywhere. what if the dems and reps had both NOT run anyone in 04. who would have won? percentages? Maps?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 09:34:09 PM »

Michigan is not populist, it's liberal (but only slightly).  Ohio I can't speak for.  Still, in a four way race Badnarik would not do that badly.  He'd have appeal for the social left and economic right.  No other candidate really has this.  He looses the south, but wins the west.  Republicans who voted for Bush are more populist in the south, more libertarian in the west.  Now I only made my map because your was initially crazy.  Badnarik got more third party vote than every candidate below him put together and you have him at 7 votes?  Sounds like you're the crazy one.

Once again so you'll understand. Getting .4% of 1.2% of the vote makes zero difference when the large majority of the remaining 98.8% do not agree at all with your ideas. The simple fact that you still refuse to grasp is that Badnarik does not represent the conservatives better than Peroutka does. As such, Peroutka would gain a large majority of Bush voters, propelling him to victory.
but would it be enough of Bush's votes to stop a Nader win?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies