Robert Lewandowski scores 5 goals in roughly 9 minutes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 06:39:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Robert Lewandowski scores 5 goals in roughly 9 minutes
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Robert Lewandowski scores 5 goals in roughly 9 minutes  (Read 400 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 24, 2015, 12:46:00 AM »

In soccer/football/calcio/futebol/thing-where-people-kick-stuff-while-wearing-shorts, something amazing happened:

Playing for Bayern Munich against Wolfsburg, Polish forward Robert Lewandowski came on at halftime with his side trailing 0-1. After 5 minutes and 40 seconds, he scores a goal. Then, a minute later (just after the replays ended), he scores another goal, putting Bayern in front. Then, 2 minutes and 22 seconds after that, he scores a third. Wow, quick hat-trick...we're done right? Wrong. 2 minutes and 19 seconds later, he scores a fourth goal. And then, 3 minutes 17 seconds after that, he scores what, by itself, would probably be goal of the week--but with the others, it's just another piece of history.

He's the first player in Bundesliga history to score 5 goals as a substitute, and the first to do it at all in Germany's top league since 1991--when he was 3, I wasn't even born, MLS didn't exist, George H.W. Bush was President, and Seinfeld was still early in it's run.

Oh, and his 5 goals was the quickest 5 goals by anyone, ever, in all of Europe's big 4 leagues (Bundesliga, EPL, La Liga, and Serie A).

I know we have some Germans here, and at least one Pole, what do you folks (or anyone else) think of this?

Also, if "hat-trick" is 3 goals, what should 4 and 5 be? I like "sombrero-trick" for 4, maybe 5 could be "Polish hat-trick" in honor of Lewandowski? I'm asking the important questions, you see.

Lastly, Pep's reaction was epic:

I almost put it in my signature. Almost.

Either way, if you can make a guy who coached arguably the greatest round-ball-kicker ever look like a 5-year-old upon learning that a cake the size of a firetruck, shaped like a firetruck, is all theirs--you're probably really, really good.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 12:47:02 AM »

Better than Ayn Rand Tongue
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 12:54:36 AM »

I saw that on ESPN yesterday.....that last goal was just sick.  Actually, a few of them were.  Was it the first one that went off the post, right back to him, shot that the goalie blocks then he gets his own second rebound and puts it in the net.  Just great work there (and some sh**tty defense).
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 02:01:54 PM »

I saw that on ESPN yesterday.....that last goal was just sick.  Actually, a few of them were.  Was it the first one that went off the post, right back to him, shot that the goalie blocks then he gets his own second rebound and puts it in the net.  Just great work there (and some sh**tty defense).
That was the third one. And yeah, it was sick.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 02:33:18 PM »

[img]
That was the third one. And yeah, it was sick.
Aye, I just watched them again.  The 1st and 4th one were just right guy, right place, right time.  The second one, top of the key (or whatever they call it in soccer) alone was very nice.  And that last one....how do you stop that?  Great pass, ridiculous shot.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies