How large will Kasich's victory be? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 09:14:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  How large will Kasich's victory be? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How large will Kasich's victory be?  (Read 4558 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: August 06, 2014, 08:58:23 PM »

53-43
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 07:37:52 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2014, 10:15:22 PM by Fmr. President & Senator Polnut »

FitzGerald was perfect on paper - absolutely toxic in reality. It's a struggle to find a bigger discrepancy at any point in recent memory.

With increasing polarity infiltrating all races across the country, I find it hard to believe Kasich will get anywhere near 60%. I say 53-43.

That to me, is the key. Fitzgerald to me is the absolute definition of 'generic' not 'Generic D' or 'Generic R'. He's boring and white-bread and basically a goodie two-shoes. "I've never even been drunk!" How cute and how completely disconnected from reality that he think those qualities win elections in mid-term years.

The thing that Adam (not AG, obviously) is missing is that it doesn't matter if the allegations are true. The fact that he put himself in a very precarious position, when by 2012, you'd know if you were intending to run... it shows horrendous judgement.

From one perspective, he might be guilty of personal transgressions that I don't think have any baring on their capacity to do the job, but if anything, the biggest crime is that lack of political instinct and judgement. If you put yourself on a pedestal about how clean and pure you are... you pretty much bring this stuff on yourself.

OH and on the issue of name recognition, suggesting this whole thing is a GOOD thing for that is insane. A person with low-ish name recognition cannot afford their big state-wide reveal to be defending himself against allegations of shenanigans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies