Article of Impeachment Against Attorney General Al (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:29:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Article of Impeachment Against Attorney General Al (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Article of Impeachment Against Attorney General Al  (Read 3942 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: July 19, 2015, 01:58:06 PM »

Well this is rather amusing isn't it. Am I permitted to respond to these charges or is the Senate to demonstrate itself guilty of gross hypocrisy as well as dull witted incompetence?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 02:07:01 PM »

Indeed, so sure are you of the need to do that that you seconded a motion to have the vote before I even had chance to utter a word in my defence. There's a term for that in English: show trial.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 02:24:03 PM »

Well let's see now. What's my answer going to be. Oh yes. It just so happens that I have a life outside of this game (a shocking and impeachable offense in its own right, probably) and have spent most of this Sunday away from my computer screen. Should I have filled in a permission slip of some kind first? As to your other questions, I'm not sure if I should answer them given the gross breaches of procedure in this show trial. In fact I'm not sure if I even recognise its legitimacy.

Regardless, the Rubicon has been crossed and the game is as good as dead: look around you if ou don't believe me. If it lasts in any form at all it will be an incredibly tedious affair centred around the borderline illiterate ramblings of NC Yankee and played largely by thirteen year old Young Republicans. A fate worse than death if you ask me and not a good use of the space that Dave has given us. Refusal to accept this is frankly delusional.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 07:01:20 PM »

Know what? You utter losers can all go fyck yourselves. I resign.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 06:25:58 PM »

If the so called evidence presented so far is any indication of what constitutes treason, then half this Senate will be up on charges as will a member of the Supreme Court, if applied fairly and evenly. Of course that is not the intent here, the intent is to silence opposition, to turn the Atlasian Senate into the Tsarist Russian Duma, where they are not free to speak ill of this cabal and their plans for this game.

A quote I made opposing dissolution, because it could lead to situations like thE Midwest (I gave a fictitious Northeast example though we have a real life breathing one in the Midwest now with the passage of time), is being twisted into an endorsement for such rebellion.

But this is not about me, this about the process through which we are to reform this game, through which we are to save and rebuild this game. Does Al really expect us to seriously believe the promises of an orderly post dissolution process, when even now we have an open rebellion in the Midwest? Does he seriously expect anyone to believe the promises of creating a new game built around his kind of attitude and thinking?

This inconsistency in application, amounts to inequality before the law, and undermines the basis for any democractic system to function. I am not surprised to see such an endorsement for arbitrary justice from this crowd, the warning signs have been there for years and frankly no one cares anymore to hold back so there are no more denials.

Al should never have been made Attorney General. His record of unfairness, abuse of people he opposes and frankly abuse of power stretches back years. If a man will abuse his power as mod to threaten people he doesn't like, how can we be surprised he will abuse such in a fantasy game? Now he too is not holding back, he reveals quite clearly his disdain for me, a disdain he has held for me from the time I joined this game. In calling me illiterate he has admitted directly what many have said of him for years. If you are not part of his clique, you are are a second class person not worry of being treated with equal respect. Why is this man trusted with a position that demands equal treatment?

I will freely admit that I went to far with my comments yesterday regarding the people who have propped this man up and along with it his dark vision of destruction. Al has never felt any oblgiation to extend the same kind of courtesy. I feel bad when I hurt someone and in a game where people can leave anytime we sure as hell don't need people who scream bloody murder ITS JUST A GAME whenever it comes to treating people like crap, but then go to extreme and excessive measure to get their way. What happened to it being just a game? Once again, it is not about consistency, it is about expedience.

I will be voting to impeach the Attorney General. And I hope whatever happens to Atlasia, be it a new game or this current one reformed, the no one ever seriously entrusts Al with this kind of responsibiltiy in a game. It is litterally self-destructing to the model.

My response can be viewed here.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 12:49:27 PM »

This is hilarious. Procedure is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT right up until it is VERY IMPORTANT. I'd suggest that none of you get quite how ridiculous you look, except that there's no one looking.

Ever heard of the Cadaver Synod?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 07:37:06 PM »

ROFL
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies