Jim Moran Retiring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 03:28:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Jim Moran Retiring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jim Moran Retiring  (Read 1937 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 18, 2014, 05:10:50 PM »

Levine is the 11th Democrat to announce here. One hell of a primary.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 08:23:03 PM »

I'm very excited to have just learned that Charniele Herring, who I pinpointed as a possible replacement for Sen. Tim Kaine in 2024 in my TL A Political Fable 2, is in this primary. If anybody can find polling I would be appreciative. Herring may receive my first out of state donation this cycle.

There's no polling yet, seeing as how the race just kicked off and people are still announcing.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 10:10:01 PM »

I'm currently leaning towards rooting for Herring. So far the only VA-08 candidates I have any problem with is Chatman due to her ethics issues, and Beyer because I would prefer a younger Representative (Always important to have a bench). Herring, Hope, Ebbin, and Lopez all seem decent, but I don't know enough about them to know if progressives would have any gripes over them.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 11:47:08 PM »

Big field just got a hint smaller. Two Dem candidates, Del. Charniele Herring and some dude Satish Kope, are dropping out of the primary.

Kope was a nobody whose campaign was basically just a Facebook page. Herring looked like a decent candidate on paper, but apparently suffered a terrible debate performance and generally ran a shoddy campaign.

This leaves 8 candidates still in the VA-08 Dem primary, with former Lt. Gov Don Beyer as the clear favorite. The others are Del. Patrick Hope, Sen. Adam Ebbin, Community leader Lavern Chapman, radio host Mark Levine, Virginia Tech professor Derek Hyra, former Alexandria mayor Bill Euille, and Air Force pilot Bruce Shuttleworth. The Republican nominee will be former lobbyist Micah Edmond.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies