AP-Gfk poll: Republicans like Huckabee and Palin best
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:29:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  AP-Gfk poll: Republicans like Huckabee and Palin best
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AP-Gfk poll: Republicans like Huckabee and Palin best  (Read 397 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 13, 2010, 10:26:41 PM »

Favorable / unfavorable #s among Republicans and Republican-leaning Independents:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101110/ap_on_el_pr/us_ap_poll_republicans

http://www.ap-gfkpoll.com/pdf/AP-GfK%20Poll%20November%202010%20Topline.pdf

Huckabee 74%/10% for +64%
Palin 79%/17% for +62%
Gingrich 68%/21% for +47%
Romney 64%/21% for +43%
Pawlenty 28%/13% for +15%
Barbour 27%/14% for +13%
Daniels 24%/13% for +11%
Thune 20%/10% for +10%

Meanwhile, among all voters, you have:

H. Clinton 65%/33% for +32%
Huckabee 49%/27% for +22%
Romney 46%/31% for +15%
Obama 55%/44% for +11%
Biden 47%/42% for +5%
Pawlenty 24%/19% for +5%
Daniels 21%/17% for +4%
Thune 20%/16% for +4%
Barbour 22%/19% for +3%
Gingrich 41%/41%, dead even
Palin 46%/49% for -3%

Gallup has Palin's standing among all voters a bit worse:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/144491/Palin-Unfavorable-Score-Hits-New-High.aspx

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 10:55:24 PM »

As I read somewhere else today, Huckabee is seriously underrated when it comes to his chances at the nomination. I think there is a very serious chance that he'll emerge as the "Stop Sarah" candidate. He pulls from the same crowd and with the establishment lining up behind him to beat Palin, he'd be very difficult to beat.
Poundingtherock
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 10:59:21 PM »

I'm only worried about four people for Palin: Rubio, Huckabee, Perry, and Pence.  I'd welcome everyone else in a one-on-one.

But Huckabee's inability to raise any money is what will stop him.  I suspect establishment donors would actually prefer Palin to Huckabee when in reality, Huckabee could be their best choice.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 11:07:10 PM »

As I read somewhere else today, Huckabee is seriously underrated when it comes to his chances at the nomination. I think there is a very serious chance that he'll emerge as the "Stop Sarah" candidate. He pulls from the same crowd and with the establishment lining up behind him to beat Palin, he'd be very difficult to beat.

The issue with Huckabee is whether the Clemmons clemency episode is inevitably going to sink his campaign.  Is this going to be Willie Horton times ten in the GOP primaries (which may deter Huck from running in the first place)?  Or will Huck's defense of his decision be enough to convince voters?

There's also the fact that, at least in the three early primary states that would be most crucial to his success (IA, SC, and FL), "the establishment" isn't exactly thrilled with Huckabee, seeing as how he endorsed the opponents of Branstad, Haley, and Scott in the primaries.  I don't think he'll be getting any Christmas cards from those three this year.  Especially Scott, for whom a campaign staffer accused Huckabee of "shopping his endorsement to the highest bidder".
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies