Loonyism Referendum Tracker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 04:37:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Loonyism Referendum Tracker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Loonyism Referendum Tracker  (Read 4249 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: May 24, 2013, 06:41:56 PM »

I can't believe THIS was the only proposal that got enough signatures to appear on the ballot...

I can't believe that every other initiative was unable to garner a paltry 15 signatures. Obviously, it speaks volumes for the importance of this particular initiative.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 07:23:43 PM »

Update:

No - 54% (Napoleon, DemPGH, TNF, Polnut, Goldwater, homelycooking, ZuWo, Nix, Dereich, Lumine, Siren, Maxwell, Jbrase, Ben, Scott, JerryArkansas, SJoyce, Matt, Fritz, Hagrid) = 20
Yes - 46% (a Person, Thomas D, 20RP12, Hashemite, Xahar, Adam, Seatown, Snowstalker, Sawx, Alfred, Kitteh, hawkeye, Kalwejt, Gass, Tmth, Politics Junkie, Bacon King) = 17

Total votes: 31
Last vote: Bacon King

No still leading, margin tightens a bit.

Also, breakdown by party:

Labor: YES 72% (8-3)
Light: NO 60% (2-3)
Liberal:  NO 60% (2-3)
Federalist: NO 100% (0-8)

A clear left-right split here.

It should be noted that both sawx and Politics Junkie have not been registered in the game for one week, and as such I imagine their votes will be considered invalid.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 10:22:56 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2013, 03:46:30 AM by GM Griffin »

Update:

No - 52% (Napoleon, DemPGH, TNF, Polnut, Goldwater, homelycooking, ZuWo, Nix, Dereich, Lumine, Siren, Maxwell, Jbrase, Ben, Scott, JerryArkansas, SJoyce, Matt, Fritz, Hagrid, JCL, Winfield, TJ, Spamage, PiT, Clinton1996, Inks.LWC) = 27

Yes - 48% (a Person, Thomas D, 20RP12, Hashemite, Xahar, Adam, Seatown, Snowstalker, Alfred, Kitteh, hawkeye, Kalwejt, Gass, Tmth, Bacon King, Progressive Realist, MaxQue, morgieb, Antonio V, Talleyrand, Fuzzybigfoot, Ghost_white, Ebowed, Mechaman, Velasco) = 25

Invalid* - Sawx, Politics Junkie = 2

Total votes: 54
Last vote: Velasco

Tightening ever more.

NM-AM: YES 100% (5-0)
Labor: YES 83% (15-3)
Light: NO 60% (2-3)
Liberal:  NO 67% (2-4)
Federalist: NO 100% (0-12)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 05:39:38 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2013, 05:34:19 PM by GM Griffin »

Update:

No - 53% (Napoleon, DemPGH, TNF, Polnut, Goldwater, homelycooking, ZuWo, Nix, Dereich, Lumine, Siren, Maxwell, Jbrase, Ben, Scott, JerryArkansas, SJoyce, Matt, Fritz, Hagrid, JCL, Winfield, TJ, Spamage, PiT, Clinton1996, Inks.LWC, windjammer, Solopop, Superique) = 30

Yes - 47% (a Person, Thomas D, 20RP12, Hashemite, Xahar, Adam, Seatown, Snowstalker, Alfred, Kitteh, hawkeye, Kalwejt, Gass, Tmth, Bacon King, Progressive Realist, MaxQue, morgieb, Antonio V, Talleyrand, Fuzzybigfoot, Ghost_white, Ebowed, Mechaman, Velasco, Lewis Trondheim, Sir John Johns) = 27

Invalid* - Sawx, Politics Junkie = 2

Total votes: 59
Last vote: Sir John Johns

Seeing these breakdowns, maybe 'The Left to be Loony Initiative' would have been a better name.

NM-AM: YES 100% (5-0)
Labor: YES 84% (16-3)
Other: YES/NO 50% (1-1)
Ind: NO 57% (3-4)
Liberal:  NO 63% (3-5)
Light: NO 80% (1-4)
Federalist: NO 100% (0-13)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 09:53:13 PM »

Non English language ballots, invalidate

Stupid write ins, invalidate

Trolls trying to act like they actually know something, invalidate

Attention whores trying to impress someone, invalidate

Says the guy who only comes into Atlasia these days to bitch.

I have conducted elections with foreign language ballots, and I must say that it becomes quite problematic. Sometimes I cannot readily identify the language and Google doesn't help. It will think the ballot is in one language, but then Google Translate has nothing to say about the ballot, nor does any other online translator I can find. I wouldn't wish this hassle on homelycooking, or any other SoFE for that matter.

I'm gonna call hogwash on this one. The IDS has probably had more foreign language ballots cast as of recent than any other region. At least within the past year, any ballot which you have counted, I have as well, and I've never came across a serious ballot that was somehow non-translatable or otherwise unclear to the point of having a legitimate reason for invalidation.

Obviously there are ballots that are sometimes cast that clearly do not have any actual preference designated, but that is a different story. This initiative does not guarantee those sorts of ballots any different treatment than they would receive now.

Foreign language ballots are not difficult to translate. Very few people on here are true polyglots, and as such, the same tool they used to create the ballot is very likely the same one you would use to decipher it. Sure, translating into that language and back again may produce a less than optimal result, but ya know, context clues.

This initiative wouldn't force all ballots cast in any language to be counted, but rather, it would prevent election administrators from automatically throwing out ballots because they've dictated such.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 10:04:51 PM »

What is one legitimate positive about allowing foreign language ballots to be counted in a fake country where all of its citizens decently understand English?

Can you point to even one example of a foreign language vote in Atlasia that was not cast by someone who just wanted to draw attention to himself and lampoon the process?

What is one legitimate positive about opposing foreign language ballots in a fake country where in the blink of an eye, accurate translations can be rendered?

Can you point to even one example of any action whatsoever taken in Atlasia that was not motivated by someone who just wanted to draw attention to himself or herself? Because you know, it's a political simulator? Roll Eyes

Furthermore: how many foreign language ballots do you think all the naysayers combined could have translated in the amount of time you all have spent opposing this?

What a bunch of pious nonsense.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 04:39:38 AM »

There were ballots in recent elections that I was unable to translate. The record shows as much. I guess my translation skills are not as good as yours are.

Look, I'm not trying to be an ass to you. All I'm saying is:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=171754.msg3687322#msg3687322

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=171754.msg3689146#msg3689146

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 07:33:59 PM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 07:41:45 PM »

What a "Type 99 seabird" or "AHHertog99" is isn't entirely clear. We certainly have nobody registered under those names. All it does is make the process unnecessarily complicated for no reason whatsoever.

It takes an equal amount of complication to turn off the areas of your brain that should otherwise be easily able to identify the ballot in question.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies