Rank Trump 1-45 (Aug. 2017) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 08:27:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rank Trump 1-45 (Aug. 2017) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rank Trump 1-45 (Aug. 2017)  (Read 3094 times)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« on: August 10, 2017, 09:51:49 AM »

I reject the premise of this question. Let's stop pretending there were 45 presidents.

That being said, at this point, Trump's incompetence has limited the amount of damage he's been able to accomplish, so at this point, there's still a few Presidents below him. I'd say Polk, Buchanan, Johnson, Nixon, Reagan, and Bush II are still below him, in no particular order.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 10:36:41 PM »

I reject the premise of this question. Let's stop pretending there were 45 presidents.

That being said, at this point, Trump's incompetence has limited the amount of damage he's been able to accomplish, so at this point, there's still a few Presidents below him. I'd say Polk, Buchanan, Johnson, Nixon, Reagan, and Bush II are still below him, in no particular order.

Uhm...
I was referring to Andrew Johnson, not LBJ. I'm guessing I don't need to justify that one.

With regards to Polk, if I'm going to rate Buchanan as harshly as I do, it would take quite a bit of cognitive dissonance to not judge Polk similarly.

While there's no one, damning thing I can point to with Reagan, like, say, the Bush and Iraq or Buchanan and slavery, I think in sheer number of individual horrible things done while in office, the Reagan administration has to take the cake. From his support for death squads, terrorists, and dictatorships abroad, to his policy of "Reaganomics" at home, which created a great deal of misery by leading to things such as dramatically  increasing homeless, environmental destruction, union busting, to his Jim Crow-esque drug policies, to the fact that he was literally a traitor, Reagan definitely warrants a mention when discussing the worst presidents. And I won't even say anything about the AIDS crisis, because Reagan didn't either.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 07:41:39 PM »

My fear is that he will realize his presidency is irredeemable, so he'll aim to be the best at being the worst. If he deliberately seeks out notoriety/villainy for his legacy, knowing full-well that he'll never have a chance at being remembered fondly, he'll resort to crazy sh**t all in the name of being "someone" in the history books.

Is he selfish enough to nuke North Korea and accept the consequences when they retaliate...? Just maybe. We already have enough proof that he's not a good man. Kinda scary.
This is unlikely. There's no way Trump would put this much thought into it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies