Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:42:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 181590 times)
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« on: May 06, 2016, 12:48:28 PM »

Castro and Brown are off of Clinton's shortlist.

Please let this be true. I will feel so much more confident if he is not on the ticket.

No Sherrod Brown makes me sad, but we need him in the Senate.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 04:06:38 PM »

Yes having probably about a 45% chance to be Vice President is career suicide for her....are you kidding me???

And if Trump wins, like he has been, she almost certainly would be the nominee following him and have been VP and governor of NM; but yeah who would want that...

Man o man some of you need a serious reality check about Trumps chances in the general along with the HUGE opportunity for someone to become Vice President of the United States.

A Hispanic woman with governor experience and than VP experience would almost certainly lead to her being president after Trump if he can get this crappy economy going over the next 8 years.

It isn't the odds of losing that would kill her career, it's the poison of associating not herself with a sexist bigot who she probably despises, regardless of politics.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 08:19:49 PM »

On CNN just now, confirmed that the list is 5-6 people, Christie is on it, Rubio and Pence are not.

They've seen the list, mention Christie, and then just don't say who else is on it? What lousy journalism...

If its Clinton/Warren v. trump/Christie, I am going to go out and buy a case of champagne. Most of the case will be for the Cubs WS win, but a good amount will be the Blue (Atlas Red) landslide.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 08:40:30 PM »

On CNN just now, confirmed that the list is 5-6 people, Christie is on it, Rubio and Pence are not.

They've seen the list, mention Christie, and then just don't say who else is on it? What lousy journalism...

If its Clinton/Warren v. trump/Christie, I am going to go out and buy a case of champagne. Most of the case will be for the Cubs WS win, but a good amount will be the Blue (Atlas Red) landslide.

They haven't seen the list, they were told by Trump camp specifically about him in that he wasn't removed from it like some had been thinking.

Copy that.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 11:57:28 AM »

I would probably be ecstatic with either. Anyone else is going to probably just be "ok".
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 02:29:26 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/elizabeth-warren-taylor-swift-trump-commencement_us_57389a14e4b08f96c1836911

Warren has really dominated the airwaves attacking Trump--moreso than any other potential VP candidate. I wonder how much of this is angling for the VP slot. It seems she has inserted herself into the Presidential race purposefully.

Goofy Warren for VP? That would be grand.

The would be yuuuuge. Will only help TRUMP. Just imagine how Christie would destroy her in the VP debate.

Ha. Ha. Ha. You go think that. Don't be too sad when she pops his bloated carcass on live tv.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 01:49:46 PM »

I'm pretty confident that Scott Brown is going to be Trump's pick. I saw Manafort on CNN a couple days ago and he seemed awfully bullish on how strongly Trump was going to perform in New England.

Brown would fit into Trump wanting someone with legislative experience, and Brown himself has morphed into a more 'Trumpian' candidate on issues like immigration over the past couple months. He could stay on message as Trump's running mate as well as be reassuring to the GOPe.

Expect Trump to give a very "strong" position on abortion every time he's asked about it, because his VP pick is likely to be a disappointment to socons.

Eh? Trump will overperform in New England by selecting a running mate who lost in New England twice?

Scott Brown is probably the most politically talented Republican in NE in a long time. I doubt it would alter the map a whole lot, but it could force the Dems to spend $$$ in places they didn't expect.

He shouldn't be overlooked because the Romney anchor (and a gazillion dollars of outside spending) took him down in '12.

Yeah, cause Romney was such a horrible candidate for that region of the country...
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 02:49:23 PM »

I think Ron Wyden or Al Franken would be good picks to unite he party, and both are pretty close to perfect in terms of countering Trump. They aren't exactly risky picks, either.

Al Franken isn't a risky pick?
No riskier than Trump.

Obviously, I like the idea of a Franken pick. Like it was said, the pick is no riskier than trump, and Franken has never said anything worse than the stuff trump has said. He will be able to go toe to toe with trumps campaign with the insults and mud slinging, and he will be much better at it. I'm sorry conservatives, but it is just a fact that liberal comedy goes over WAY better than conservative comedy. Franken's comedic attacks will land much better than trumps. In addition, Franken has a record of taking his job as senator very seriously and standing up for the little guy. I am praying for this ticket.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 10:59:22 PM »

Why should Trump ask potential running mates for tax returns?  I mean I realize he's a lying hypocrite but he's usually not that obvious.

He said he would ask for them anyway. When pressed on his hypocrisy he just deflected and changed the topic.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 06:35:35 PM »

ya, but notsohard, he had like two different responses.. Sessions, Ernst, Corker, top 3. Jesus Christ how dysfunctional is this year?

If its Elizabeth Warren vs. Sessions, Ernst, or Corker? Oh lordy lord lord its going to be a bloodbath and an all female team on its way to the WH.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 11:20:29 PM »

I think Becerra, Garcetti, Booker, or Warren would each be interesting choices in their own rights, now that it's looking like it really won't be someone like Al Franken Sad

Tim Kaine is a walking Ambien bottle, I hope the Clinton campaign has more sense than to go with him.
Yeah, apparently Al Franken and Ron Wyden aren't on the ticket, as one of the two probably would have been leaked.

Cry
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2016, 07:26:38 PM »

Castro as the VP nominee would be a disaster.

Indeed.

Clinton is about as right-wing a Democrat as there is,

Ah, so you're a troll. Now it suddenly makes a lot more sense.

Be easy on the kid in his first weekend on the Internet. He'll eventually realize how stupid he sounds.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 01:05:36 PM »

It's being reported that Hillary Clinton is coming to Cincinnati Monday with Elizabeth Warren.

Hmmm.....

Rowdy. Leeeeeeee-gooooooo
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 11:23:41 AM »

Kaine wouldn't be a campaign-killing choice, but his selection isn't a particularly inspired choice. Out of the three, I think Elizabeth Warren would be my personal favorite, but overall, I'm disappointed that Xavier Becerra and Al Franken were never serious contenders.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 03:09:42 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

They are making a decision within days and she hasn't been vetted yet?
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 03:09:25 PM »

I hope this is Fox's mistake because nobody has been vetted yet? Yeesh what a miserable procrastinator.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 01:04:59 PM »

Sad that my boy Al is probably out once and for all, but SOOOO glad that Castro is out. I will be happy with either of these choices.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2016, 11:10:19 AM »

Just keep adding random names to the pile, you don't have to make your decision anytime soon or something....
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2016, 08:14:43 PM »

That's quite convienient, and totally believable.

Very interesting that on the day Clinton sends an email teasing her choice, titled "~the big announcement~" (which sounds to me like it's been made), Kaine says he doesn't expect to be VP.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/287294-kaine-i-kind-of-feel-like-im-going-to-stay-in-the-senate

Reeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyyyyy??? Hmm...
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2016, 10:47:37 AM »

Well, maybe the whole speculation about the Trumpster’s VP is just nothing; or mainly a move by Trump to stay on the news. New names are put out each week or even on a daily basis. I wouldn’t be surprised if he came up with a total wildcard, someone not or just barely mentioned. Jan Brewer, Pete Ricketts, Matt Mead, John Thune, Scott Walker, Tim Scott, Kelly Ayotte or a little known congressman/congresswoman for example. Who knows? It’s Trump.

Minor nitpicking, but theres NO WAY he picks Pete Ricketts. I know he gave in and endorsed trump, but with a sister working for the Hillary campaign and a mom who set up a Super Pac in order to defeat trump most definitely rules him out.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2016, 03:17:01 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2016, 03:19:02 PM by Illiniwek »

Dawwwwg what do we have here?

EDIT: I guess it doesn't mean much because he has been guaranteed a spot in trump's administration. The timing tho...
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2016, 11:21:22 AM »

Ok, who isn't going to Indiana?!

Does trump have any planned speaking engagements today that an announcement might happen at?
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2016, 12:06:32 PM »

Gingrich is the one who requested today's meeting with Trump?

https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/753258349672665088

All of this means that his termination at Fox probably had to do with being promised some role in the administration, not out of some confidence that he was the vp pick.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2016, 03:50:48 PM »

Yesterday we were 100% sure it was Gingrich. Now it's Pence again. And yet they've been reaching out to Rice and Kasich this week alone. I don't even think Trump knows who he's going to pick.

This campaign's inability to narrow down the choices to a few and fall in love with a pick is just staggering. Trump is going to make a pick, and probably wake up the next day and change his mind. If you are going to give yourself a deadline, think ahead and plan accordingly. Don't procrastinate, wait until the last minute, and make a decision you will regret.

That being said, if he wants to have a historically incompetent campaign, by all means don't let me get in the way...
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2016, 10:10:33 AM »

Apparently Gingrich talked smack about Trump during a closed door event with the Republican State Leadership Committee back in February, and the audio has been leaked:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/report-gingrich-warned-of-landslide-loss-for-trump-in-private-meeting/article/2596458?custom_click=rss

Lol this is actually pretty entertaining.

Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies