Official Melbourne 2006 thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:19:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Official Melbourne 2006 thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Melbourne 2006 thread  (Read 7564 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« on: February 13, 2006, 12:44:53 AM »

I'm still waiting for the Commonwealth Winter Games so we can finally pWn the Aussies at something.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 02:14:01 PM »

Who in the hell cares about the Commonwealth games when the Olympics just finished?

Aussies who are mad because they suck at the Winter Olympics
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 02:15:02 AM »

Whoa, I didnt even realize it was this month until I saw it advertized on CBC. Crazy Aussies with your winters in the summer.

I'm still mad Ottawa lost the bid for 2014 Sad
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 11:04:21 PM »

This is not getting much coverage here. Too many sports events this week. March is a terrible time to hold a major sporting event like this.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 10:24:30 PM »

This is not getting much coverage here.

That's probably because you've only won five gold-less then Scotland. Sure, you've got 13 silver and 10 bronze, but gold seems to be in short supply :S

India is the opposite-11 gold, 8 silver and 2 bronze.

It has nothing to do with medals, Hugh. It has everything to do with the terrible timing of the event. Let's see, we have the WBC, the NCAA March Madness the CIS basketball finals, World Women's curling championship, the Brier, NHL, NBA, MLB spring training not to mention the Paralympics, the World Figure Skating championships and the World Speed Skating championships.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 02:56:50 AM »

This is not getting much coverage here.

That's probably because you've only won five gold-less then Scotland. Sure, you've got 13 silver and 10 bronze, but gold seems to be in short supply :S

India is the opposite-11 gold, 8 silver and 2 bronze.

It has nothing to do with medals, Hugh. It has everything to do with the terrible timing of the event. Let's see, we have the WBC, the NCAA March Madness the CIS basketball finals, World Women's curling championship, the Brier, NHL, NBA, MLB spring training not to mention the Paralympics, the World Figure Skating championships and the World Speed Skating championships.

Aside from the Paralympics, nobody cares about any of them but the Canadians-and the only other country that cares about the Paralympics is Australia.

Huh Many if not most of what I listed are also cared about by Americans as well, not just Canadians. In fact, some are cared more. I cant also see how Australians would care about the Parylympics. You have like what, zero medals?

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies