The last movie you've seen thread 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 05:36:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The last movie you've seen thread 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The last movie you've seen thread 2016  (Read 58254 times)
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 26, 2014, 05:59:33 PM »

Last new movie I saw: The Interview
Last movie of any age I saw: Akira
Last new movie I saw in the theater: Fahrenheit 9/11 (I was like 16)
Last movie of any age I saw in the theater: Cannibal Holocaust (midnight showing my freshman year of college)
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 07:12:54 AM »

Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F

I don't really care for DBZ (except the Z-less Dragon Ball prequel) but I went with my other anime friends since this was a rare chance to see anime in a theatre.

It was pretty much what you'd expect from a DBZ movie, the second half was one long fight scene. It was fun seeing it though. It was a very Rocky Horror type atmosphere in the theatre. 
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 01:47:58 AM »

Watched the Hateful Eight. It was good but the plot was weird in a way I can't quite describe. A lot of stuff happened but none of it was really important to the main story. The main conflict doesn't start until the 2 hours in and even that seemed kind of inconsequential. It was entertaining though. Also there was an odd message about how racist White people can be redeemed by being nice to Black people. Don't know if I agreed with it but it was nice to see a somewhat unorthodox take on race relations in 2016.

Right before that, I saw Big Eyes. First good film Tim Burton had done in a while. Entertaining but if I had one complaint, the plot felt overly straight forward and simple. The acting was more important than the plot though and Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz both did excellent jobs. Waltz did well as an overbearing but charismatic sociopath and Adams did a surprisingly tough portrayal of Margaret Keane as a flighty, easily dominated woman. Surprising because the real Margaret Keane actually signed off on the film and appeared in a cameo.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies