Unemployment rate vs. job growth. What matters more to the voter? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:32:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Unemployment rate vs. job growth. What matters more to the voter? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unemployment rate vs. job growth. What matters more to the voter?  (Read 2267 times)
milhouse24
« on: May 07, 2012, 08:28:34 PM »

here's what I don't get. In the past two months, we have had weak jobs reports, yet the unemployment rate has declined. People explain that by saying that more and more people are getting discouraged and leaving the workforce.

But it seems to me that maybe this is partly a natural effect of the baby boomers retiring. Also, why would people suddenly be getting discouraged and dropping out now, when we have had good economic news for most of this year?

I'm curious how certain under-worked groups are effected.  There are college graduates in their 20-30's that are working at Coffee shops or other part-time/random/off-the-grid jobs and high school dropouts who love to support liberals and democrats because they have a lot of free-time, since they are not working and begging for donations. 

Then there are also stay at home moms/dads who just decide to not work and raise children, because its too difficult finding a decent paying job to pay for child care.  These people might also find part time jobs.  I think stay at home suburban moms might be more inclined to vote for Republicans if their Husbands are wealthy.  These suburban soccer moms became anti-war and anti-Bush because they didn't want their kids dying in Iraq or Afghanistan. 

It will be interesting if voters want "Change" or "More of the Same"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies