Reform Atlasia Plan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:31:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Reform Atlasia Plan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reform Atlasia Plan  (Read 9262 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: December 19, 2006, 07:16:58 PM »

I am delighted that the President has adressed many of my own concerns and the concerns and ideas of those I've worked with to bring forward this plan. Everyone involved is to be congratulated for their efforts and the President commended for making this his top priority in the early days of his administration.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 08:19:32 AM »

Thank you Ernest for drafting the legislation in the form of a comprehensive, but not complicated, bill.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 02:35:07 PM »

While I accept that legislation would orginate in the General, or National, Assembly and once it passes be referred to the Senate; would it be possible for Senators to still propose their own legislative initiatives for the Assembly to consider or not?

'Hawk'

I asked a very similar question myself when it was being drafted as I had reservations over how the system would work. I would hope that Senators, individually or collectively would be able to 'partner' with like minded assembly members in order to propose legislation (in the same way citizens can lobby sympathetic Senators) within the Assembly. That way we don't have a 'rubber stamp Senate' but two houses that are inevevitibly bound together in the legislative process.

The Senate will still have the authority to reject legislation and propose amendments that will then be passed back to the Assembly.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 01:52:14 PM »

While I believe we should keep apace of the reform plan, we must remain aware that it is Christmas and we shouldn't expect as indepth a discussion and debate at this time. When it faces the Senate however we, as citizens and officials, must remain involved at every step of the way and be ready to counter any pitfall and offer re-writes of controversial languages or proposals within the bill. We need to remain flexable to allow the bill a safe passage through the Senate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies