Make a map of the above four posters as two tickets (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:18:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Make a map of the above four posters as two tickets (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Make a map of the above four posters as two tickets  (Read 20661 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 04, 2012, 06:46:59 PM »

With the conservative victory in the republican primary, the Governor chooses Jake Mattews, a vocal libertarian to balance the ticket which flips New Hampshire and the Southwest into battleground states. Meanwhile Senator Antonio picks a liberal from the opposite side of the country, enjoying great turnout from the party, but failing to win over key independent groups despite an early lead in the campaign.

291 Governor Supersonic/Congressman Jake Matthews
247 Senator Antonio/Governor Morgan
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 05:46:38 PM »

Governor A-Bob wins the Republican primary and chooses Senator Supersonic as his running mate.  While the Democrats face severe internal divisions that prevent them from putting forward a strong candidate, Congressman Jake Mathews decides to run as an independent. To attract the left, he asks Senator Antonio to run with him. The independent ticket is strong among urban areas, ethnic communities, anti-war and libertarian voters, and many liberals and moderates. The Republicans hold onto their socially conservative base and make appeals to national security among swing state suburbans.  A close election means voters must wait until the results come in from closely contested Alaska to know who has won the electoral college.

Rep. Jake Matthews (I-NJ) / Sen. Antonio (I-ME)  270 EVs, 51.1%
Gov. A-Bob (R-CO) / Sen. Supersonic (R-FL)  268 EVs, 48.9%

You couldn't have given us all of Nebraska and made it even more awesome? Sad
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 09:39:13 PM »

After a brutal primary, the New York longtime boss Governor Nix rises above the fray and wins at the convention, announcing Senator Nagas as his Vice Presidential pick to appeal to moderate democrats.  Meanwhile republicans rally around Senator Shua half way through the primary after defeating the split conservatives Rep. Supersonic, Governor ZuWo and Speaker of the House Inks who spent a significant amount of campaign time attacking each other as the viable alternative to Shua.

With a much more divided left, the already moderate Senator Shua chooses long time friend Senator Scott of Connecticut in hopes of expanding the ticket’s appeal to moderate and even liberal democrats. Unfortunately for the Shua campaign, the social conservative movement opts to stay home on Election Day even though he tries to paint himself as a common sense conservative on a unifying ticket.

Election Day is surprising with a suppressed conservative turnout combined with a split democratic party.

Senator Shua- Senator Scott 303
Governor Nix- Senator Nagas 235

Edit: Sorry, I was making the map as Jake was posting, but I'm posting this match-up anyway Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies