Report: U.S. Embassy to remain in Tel-Aviv, Ambassador will work in Jerusalem
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:27:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Report: U.S. Embassy to remain in Tel-Aviv, Ambassador will work in Jerusalem
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Report: U.S. Embassy to remain in Tel-Aviv, Ambassador will work in Jerusalem  (Read 488 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 10, 2017, 01:51:26 PM »

Per Channel 2 News in Israel.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://therightscoop.com/report-trump-ambassador-israel-will-work-jerusalem-embassy-remain-tel-aviv/
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 02:06:49 PM »

The Jerusalem Post reported something different on the subject today: "Trump to forge ahead with Jerusalem embassy move despite opposition."

I suspect it means the embassy move won't happen immediately (though it will eventually happen), but Friedman will start working from Jerusalem from the beginning.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 03:37:59 PM »

Sounds like fake news
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 03:44:15 PM »

The latest report from CNN is a little different.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 03:47:47 PM »

I must admit I have never understood the whole not recognising Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Every country with a embassy in Israel at the very least recognise West Jerusalem as Israeli territory, even if they don't recognise East Jerusalem as Israeli.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 03:59:38 PM »

This is from CNN just now: "Trump may start with US ambassador in Jerusalem, not an embassy"

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/trump-embassy-plan-jerusalem/index.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 04:57:21 PM »

Fits perfect with his MO as a businessman.

"Here's 70% of what I owe you. When you cash the check, you agree you've been paid in full."
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 05:03:54 PM »

I must admit I have never understood the whole not recognising Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Every country with a embassy in Israel at the very least recognise West Jerusalem as Israeli territory, even if they don't recognise East Jerusalem as Israeli.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 05:40:41 PM »
« Edited: January 10, 2017, 05:42:21 PM by DavidB. »

This is from CNN just now: "Trump may start with US ambassador in Jerusalem, not an embassy"
No one assumed that he would "start" with the U.S. ambassador in Jerusalem; that would very much be logistically impossible. Obviously the embassy move will take some time.

Also very, very much this:

Hopefully the U.S. finally gets an administration that won't give in to perpetual Arab bullying and blackmail.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 06:14:34 PM »
« Edited: January 10, 2017, 07:29:45 PM by Cashew »

Exactly. If the Palestinians were truly willing to negotiate in good faith and accept only east Jerusalem as a capitol, why get so worked up over embassies in west Jerusalem?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 07:08:10 PM »

Exactly. If the Palestinians were truly willing to negotiate in good faith and accept only east Jerusalem as a capitol, why get so worked up rover embassies in west Jerusalem?
the answer is obvious, but it's much cooler to just blame Israel and not think about it too much.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 07:28:35 PM »

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 07:48:31 AM »

Exactly. If the Palestinians were truly willing to negotiate in good faith and accept only east Jerusalem as a capitol, why get so worked up rover embassies in west Jerusalem?
the answer is obvious, but it's much cooler to just blame Israel and not think about it too much.
Some people need it spelled out.  Unless Israel and Palestine actually agree that Palestine's capital is in East Jerusalem and Israel's capital is in West Jerusalem, having embassies for either in Jerusalem will be controversial to say the least.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies