Scalia just died (really). How will this affect the race? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:45:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Scalia just died (really). How will this affect the race? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scalia just died (really). How will this affect the race?  (Read 24282 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« on: February 13, 2016, 05:45:06 PM »

One of the most crooked, partisan, and activist justices ever to sit on the Supreme Court. Easily the worst in American history.

It's not like Obama's going to nominate another Ruth Bader Ginsburg. There's going to be somebody he can get through the Senate.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 07:43:36 PM »

Republicans can block whoever they want to, but they cannot control what consequences come from being incredibly obstructionist. This could cost them the Senate and the Presidency, which would make this obstruction an exercise in futility.
You can't control the consequences either. It can be argued that Obama is just as obstructionist by not naming a centrist judge.

Republicans would not approve a centrist judge, because they want a Scalia clone. Obama could appoint a moderate Republican and they would still not take it up. He'd have to nominate Ann Coulter to placate them.
Maybe you guys should have won the last elections then.

And maybe you guys should have won the 2012 election if you wanted Ann Coulter on the Supreme Court.

In all likelihood, this stunt will cost Republicans the 2016 election, so it really is plus for Democrats. Thanks.

Yes, you're a great prognosticator! AMAZING! Just ask recently reelected Senator Mark Udall.

Or wait....

I corrected your spelling. Maybe I don't get the predictions right all the time, but I'm fairly confident that 2016 will not be a good Republican year if they nominate a crazy person and spend the whole year leaving a vacancy on the court.

We aren't doing anything. We didn't kill Scalia. We will confirm the best person for the position. The balls in your court. Hopefully Obama will be competent for once and nominate somebody who can make everyone happy.

Also, while we have our issues with Trump, your nominee is just as likely to end up in the big house as she is in the White House. Remember that Wink

That has to be the dumbest thing I've read all day. Obama could nominate Jesus Christ to the Supreme Court and the Republicans wouldn't even confirm him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies