Politico: Clinton May Delay Campaign Launch Until Summer (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:11:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Politico: Clinton May Delay Campaign Launch Until Summer (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politico: Clinton May Delay Campaign Launch Until Summer  (Read 4412 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: January 29, 2015, 10:58:22 AM »

As late as possible so the GOP candidates have no actual candidate to talk about running against

"We need to move on from the Obama/Webb foreign policy"
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 11:00:49 AM »

Anyway, Mr. Morden is correct. If she launches an exploratory committee in April, that will be the news, and her actual campaign announcement would be an afterthought, so I'm not sure I get the point in this. She's already seen as a politician at this point anyway, and has been for quite some time.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 10:42:35 PM »

Meh, she doesn't have a primary to run in. At most, she'll have to dispatch Sanders and O'Malley, which should be no problem. She can take her time.

Are you trying to upset Jim Webb?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 12:59:02 AM »

I mean, at the end of the day, nobody a year and a half from now is going to remember or care whether Hillary launched her campaign in April or July. I don't see it so much as a bad or good decision, but rather as a pointless one.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 09:57:04 PM »

I wonder if a delay allows an opening for a potential rival.

A Cory Booker could get a lot of free media by announcing an exploratory committee, and hint that she's staying out of the race due to medical concerns.

And if she makes any missteps later, that could provide credene to that narrative.

To quote Megyn Kelly:

"Is this stuff you tell yourself as a Republican to feel better, or is this really what you think?"
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 03:12:34 AM »

Might be no launch, the way things are going! A replay of 2008 methinks....same bitching & backbiting that went on 2008; things are not going exactly as you Dems had hoped. Hillary is out of shape politically and metaphorically; no compelling message, except I'm a woman, I deserve it and oh yeah, I'm married to Bill. No real policy initiatives, except the old class warfare play book u Dems ran in 2012; ain't gonna work this time & then it gets better,  it's mid February already...Over 17 months and counting and the DNC can't even settle on a venue for the convention. Love to have that video clip of Joe Biden nearly wetting himself with mirth and the embarrassing giggling episode he indulged in the Vice presidential debate in 2012. Yeah this keeps getting better all the time, you gotta love it, the Coronation that was supposed to be smooth sailing is turning out to be anything but. Keep it up you Dems. Lol😂😁😁😃😅

Is this before or after Mitt Romney wins 341 electoral votes?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 02:55:00 PM »

I wonder if a delay allows an opening for a potential rival.

A Cory Booker could get a lot of free media by announcing an exploratory committee, and hint that she's staying out of the race due to medical concerns.

And if she makes any missteps later, that could provide credene to that narrative.

To quote Megyn Kelly:

"Is this stuff you tell yourself as a Republican to feel better, or is this really what you think?"
It's a possibility rather than a certainty, or even something that is more probable than not.

Although I would probably feel better about Democrats if they at least considered alternatives given Hillary's glaring character flaws.

More likely than not? Not only has Booker already ruled out running, he's been in the Senate for like a year.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 02:51:32 PM »

Seriously. I don't see the media nagging Jeb: "OH EM GEE, WHEN ARE YA GONNA OFFISHULLY DECLARE?!?!?!?!!?!?". Everyone assumes he's running because he obviously is. It should be the same for Hillary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies