The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 05:33:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 194772 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: August 30, 2011, 08:53:01 PM »

Predicting that a Republican president and congress would cut military spending is equivalent to predicting that a Democratic president and congress would outlaw unions or withdraw from the UN.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 05:48:36 PM »

Yes, it is absurd that Ben would make a post that adds some value to the forum by stating a correct truth.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 03:04:39 PM »

$250k salary isn't rich. Just a highly paid worker.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 03:54:45 PM »

Yeah:  Many Christians understand Islam is the enemy of individual freedom and that the US is the champion of individual freedom.

I can't believe that people actually think like this.

Really? Where have you been the last decade?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 08:41:53 AM »

Inspector Spacetime is maybe my favorite running joke in anything ever.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 11:53:21 AM »

Has this nonsense been posted here? Because wtf...

Of course, when someone at the time said black people were "troublemakers" or "inferior," people could point to Cain as the counterexample.

Looking at Jesse Jackson's accomplishments over the last 45 years and comparing them with Herman Cain's accomplishments, who wins?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 02:17:35 PM »

The standard is quite obvious. The productivity of a teacher can reasonably be measured by the number of students one teachers. For some reason that number keeps declining.

Well, that's certainly in contention for dumbest thing ever posted on this forum.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 01:15:08 PM »

I think Marriage certificates should be given to pregnant women in order to compel their Male Lovers to provide child support. 

In any other instance of marriage besides pregnancy, is a superficial and unnecessary government intrusion meant to prevent men from screwing around and protect outdated monogamy. 

As a general health issue, anal intercourse is dangerous and has higher rates of HIV and STD transmission.  If the government should regulate anything, it should outlaw anal intercourse and place anal intercourse as sodomy. 

This man's ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to his newsletter.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 06:05:42 PM »

This guy's brain performs its tasks poorly.

PPP deliberately generates poll numbers that look much better for Democrats until election time gets a lot closer, then they correct the poll numbers to save face.

Remember, PPP is nothing more than a Democrat propaganda outfit. Hence the tweens here who worship it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 01:48:34 PM »

Fox News has really done a number on the poor kid...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 01:19:34 AM »

America is probably the most classless society on the planet. Even most of the very wealthiest Americans do not look down upon lower earners (I wish I could say the same about some acquaintances I know from abroad). It is a stark contrast to what you will see virtually everywhere else in the world where the wealthiest look down on those who are not as well-off.

Even today America still has the largest degree of social mobility, too.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 06:19:38 PM »

Will homosexuals and heterosexuals at some point silently agree that things worked a lot better for both sides when open homosexuals stuck to San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York?

Fair or not, and I certainly have no problem with homosexuals or homosexuality unlike most folks I know, homosexuals will never be embraced by society at large to the degree they fantasize about. Unfortunately, they will always be treated as second-class except where they are heavily concentrated. The best they could have ever hoped for was having their own mecca in San Francisco. AIDS kind of prevented that, I guess.

Most disgusting post ever? Most disgusting post ever.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 03:48:47 PM »

This is a race involving an unpopular incumbent (his approval rating is ten points or more lower than Carter's in January 1980), and the Republican candidate has nothing to do with George W. Bush or Washington this time (much like the 1980 race and Republican ticket had nothing to do with Nixon), so it is way too early to say much of anything other than the following:

Obama - 37
Romney - 170
Up in the Air - 331

In other words, Romney only needs 100 out of 331 (or, put another way, an electoral batting average of .302 versus Obama's required electoral batting average of .704)...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 04:56:10 PM »

this guy...

There may be class divides in Canada and Britain, but there are no class divides in America.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 12:38:55 PM »

One of my proudest accomplishments on this forum is turning the spelling "Morman" into a commonly used one.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 04:14:17 PM »

The Googlebots in Who's Online link me to quite the absurd post every now and then, but this is a new favorite.  A now mainstay member is thought to be a sock:

Lief is just adam's latest account. I thought that was fairly obvious. But I like this version of adam best, so I'm glad he's stuck with it. Smiley

Lief's for real, methinks.

I'm pretty sure Lief admitted to being Adam, no?

No...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies