Because the Dems don't have enough opportunities in 2008... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:53:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Because the Dems don't have enough opportunities in 2008... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Because the Dems don't have enough opportunities in 2008...  (Read 4400 times)
Conan
conan

« on: June 26, 2007, 01:12:49 AM »

One of the major TV news channels had it scrolling at the bottom today that he likely wouldn't run. Glad for the great chance of a pick-up, but more importantly, kudos to Warner for his service, a very decnt man.

Great chance? This seat is basically another Santorum vs. Casey for your party if Mark Warner runs.
Davis isn't a freak however.
Conan
conan

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 01:34:02 PM »

It's no surprise to hear that John Warner likely won't run. I knew that back when we saw his Q1 fundraising numbers.

If neither Warner nor Kaine run, I'd give the Republicans a very slight advantage in this race.

That's true. Based on Davis's on the issues page, he seems like a moderate semi-decent republican. I think Moran should run if the others don't. He'd probably start as the underdog though.
Conan
conan

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 10:34:53 PM »

Has George Allen said anything about a Senate run yet?

He said he has no interest in running again.
He has interest alright..... he is just be realistic however.
Conan
conan

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 12:15:55 AM »

tom Davis also comes from a house district which is trending strongly Democratic and if he ran the house seat is likely gone for the GOP.

Uh, I think you're firmly situated in a magical fantasy land where the trees are covered in gumdrops and kittens have wings and crap gold bars.

Davis' district, VA-11, is still an R+3 district.  It'd be a competitive race, but if you think its somehow a safe Democratic pick-up, well...just wash your hands after touching all those "gold bars."
That was in 2004 that it was R+3, I believe. I was amazed when I looked up data on the unflux of people moving into NOVA. Somewhere around 90,000 a year.
Conan
conan

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 02:35:34 AM »

tom Davis also comes from a house district which is trending strongly Democratic and if he ran the house seat is likely gone for the GOP.

Uh, I think you're firmly situated in a magical fantasy land where the trees are covered in gumdrops and kittens have wings and crap gold bars.

Davis' district, VA-11, is still an R+3 district.  It'd be a competitive race, but if you think its somehow a safe Democratic pick-up, well...just wash your hands after touching all those "gold bars."
That was in 2004 that it was R+3, I believe. I was amazed when I looked up data on the unflux of people moving into NOVA. Somewhere around 90,000 a year.

His district may be growing, but it's not going to go from R+3 to D+10 overnight.
Oh, I know. I wasnt the one who said it would be definite dem pick up. However, seeing how things are going into 2008, the possibility of the pick up there is very strong.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies