Would you be completely shocked if Cruz won tonight? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:59:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Would you be completely shocked if Cruz won tonight? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would you be completely shocked if Cruz won tonight?  (Read 805 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« on: May 03, 2016, 01:56:28 PM »

No. I think Trump is prime to underperform tonight, and I suspect it'll be a single digit race.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 02:25:58 PM »

No. I think Trump is prime to underperform tonight, and I suspect it'll be a single digit race.
Trump has been overperforming for the past few races.  He has the momentum and optics to either stay where he's at in the polls or even do a bit better.

The last few contests have been favorable to Trump since the beginning and demographics are one of the best determiners of how undecideds will break. The demographics of the Northeast are favorable to Trump, here they are not. Indiana is a fundamentally Cruz-type-candidate-friendly state, and Trump has underperformed states with similar profiles (see Iowa and Kentucky, Illinois was pretty much on the money). That tells me Trump has a ceiling here of around 45%. It's a tall order to beat someone with those numbers, but strategic voters leaving Kasich might bring Cruz reasonably close.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies