Is Anyone On This Forum Bothered By Michelle Obama's Vacation To Spain? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:48:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is Anyone On This Forum Bothered By Michelle Obama's Vacation To Spain? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Huh
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: Is Anyone On This Forum Bothered By Michelle Obama's Vacation To Spain?  (Read 4764 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: August 08, 2010, 07:46:57 PM »

I don't know if she used the taxpayers' money or her own money, but I honestly think that she is getting too much criticism for this. No one criticized Bush in 2001 (and further down the road) for taking long vacations at his ranch while the country was in a recession. This whole thing is way overrated. Kinda like when John Edwards got a $400 haircut. He had the money to get an expensive haircut, so he got one. I don't see what the big deal is.

Trips to the ranch were:

1.  Less expensive.

2.  In the US.

Some criticism is legitimate, but it is more of a PR problem. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 04:29:53 PM »

Hey, look, she can't fly commercial and I'm certain she wishes she could ditch the goon squad that tails her 24/7(god do they look like feds when they're in civilian clothes....lol) .

But the public is bothered because, she's a black,  you see, and it looks uppity.

She obviously can't vacation as a private person. 

I'm not bothered by it personally, but it looks like hell in the middle of a recession and when the Gulf is having such a hard time regarding tourism.  Politically, it is a minus.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies