The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (Part 2) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:04:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (Part 2) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (Part 2)  (Read 196126 times)
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« on: March 22, 2015, 08:16:57 PM »

Why would Al Gore go to Iowa without even a Presidential thought in his head? A love of family farms?

To troll the Clintons and/or their supporters?

Is Gore really anti-Hillary?  I know in 2000 there was some tension between him and the Clintons, but now?

I don't think so anymore. The other day I was watching this interview he and Bill gave together talking to Charlie Rose and they seemed really friendly, so I think they've reconciled since then. But no doubt they weren't on good terms around 2000.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 09:36:11 PM »

Why would Al Gore go to Iowa without even a Presidential thought in his head? A love of family farms?

Is Gore really anti-Hillary?  I know in 2000 there was some tension between him and the Clintons, but now?

I don't think so anymore. The other day I was watching this interview he and Bill gave together talking to Charlie Rose and they seemed really friendly, so I think they've reconciled since then. But no doubt they weren't on good terms around 2000.

I wouldn't go that far, unless there is something I don't know. There was a good bit of distance between them because of the scandal, and Gore wanting to disassociate himself with Clinton, but I don't think there was any problems other than Bill's possibly hurt feelings.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/1321720/Gore-blamed-Clinton-for-his-defeat-in-election.html

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0909/26785.html

I've read these and other articles like these that make me think they weren't on the best of terms around 2000. I could be wrong, of course I don't know them personally, but there seemed to be some tension if nothing else.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 03:01:49 PM »

Is Gore really anti-Hillary?  I know in 2000 there was some tension between him and the Clintons, but now?

I wouldn't go that far, unless there is something I don't know. There was a good bit of distance between them because of the scandal, and Gore wanting to disassociate himself with Clinton, but I don't think there was any problems other than Bill's possibly hurt feelings.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/1321720/Gore-blamed-Clinton-for-his-defeat-in-election.html

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0909/26785.html

I've read these and other articles like these that make me think they weren't on the best of terms around 2000. I could be wrong, of course I don't know them personally, but there seemed to be some tension if nothing else.

Gore, who endorsed Iraq War opponent Howard Dean in 2004, refrained from endorsing Obama until after Hillary had done so, presumably as a courtesy to the Clintons. He also effusively thanked Bill Clinton for negotiating the release of 2 Current employees held hostage by North Korea. He'll endorse Hillary. Unlike Jerry Brown (to combine threads). Or at least, Brown won't endorse her until the general election.

Oh I'm sure he'll endorse Hillary and probably fairly early on. But my point was more that it didn't seem like they were on great terms around 2000, but it seems like they're on fine terms now.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 06:28:49 PM »

^Hmm. For a second there, I really thought he was getting ready to run. God I love the volatility of politics. Tongue
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 08:10:19 PM »

Ah! Great news! I'm absolutely thrilled. I was afraid he might he jump in much later. This is a good launch date.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 08:46:26 PM »

Trump says he won't do the Iowa straw poll if (almost) everyone else backs out. Also sounds like a candidate throughout this transcribed interview:
http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2015/06/01/trump-i-wont-do-iowa-straw-poll-if-everyone-backs-out/

I love the line about Romney.

Romney — I have a Gucci store that’s worth more than Romney.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies