President (?!) Tyrion - Ask away!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 01:39:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  President (?!) Tyrion - Ask away!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Author Topic: President (?!) Tyrion - Ask away!  (Read 15802 times)
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: February 21, 2014, 10:57:18 PM »

I want to thank NOTA for a brilliant campaign.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #176 on: May 04, 2014, 10:00:59 PM »

On My Future

I know my name has been thrown about, but I will not be running for President this June, due to factors outside my control. I will continue to serve in my capacity as Regional Senator, and I will run for re-election for that position.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #177 on: May 08, 2014, 01:20:27 AM »

A couple of months ago, I expected that we'd have a very contested Labor nomination for the Presidency and thought you'd be among it. Nevertheless, I'm very glad to see you'll be running for another term in the Senate.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #178 on: May 08, 2014, 04:22:04 PM »

Smart move. You don't want my job. Tongue
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #179 on: May 09, 2014, 05:16:45 AM »

A couple of months ago, I expected that we'd have a very contested Labor nomination for the Presidency and thought you'd be among it. Nevertheless, I'm very glad to see you'll be running for another term in the Senate.

Indeed; I expected the same. Things have changed rather drastically, alas.

Certainly not now, but let's not rule it out altogether Tongue
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2014, 03:51:20 AM »

-Speech-

I will keep it short and simple.

1. While I have been busy IRL, the net result of that lull in activity has not been a decline in quality of governance. I have worked hard in the Senate to ensure my voice is heard and my votes are timely; in fact, my quantity of debate in this most recent session rivaled that of sitting Senators whose activity was never questioned.

2. I continue to be at the forefront of discussions of game reform. Atlasia herself is in an odd position, as the people do not know whether we will stick to the status quo or change to a new Atlasia, with consolidated regions and/or a bicameral legislature. I continue to be a strong voice in favor of making the game more fairer, more accessible, and more enjoyable.

3. I am a fierce advocate of workers' rights, education reform, and progressive protections. Nothing has changed in the past few weeks. I continue to work tirelessly to see the workers of Atlasia and their families find their way to a better place, day by day, and I will NOT stop until that becomes a reality.

Any questions can be directed to me in this thread or in the town hall thread I started a little while ago.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #181 on: June 18, 2014, 06:18:21 AM »

Endorsed.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #182 on: June 18, 2014, 07:49:31 AM »

Endorsed. I do agree that there's been a double standard about inactivity; people like Goldwater are never questioned about it an re-elected, while this has been an irrational pile-on on your lull, which as Nix pointed out, has been highly exaggerated.

In addition, I find it slightly frustrating that your opponents, despite expressing little interest a week ago or even endorsing you, are suddenly entering the race now just because some polls show you vulnerable. I would have had no problem had they been in this race from the beginning, but the method in which they are trying to unseat strikes me as a bit underhanded.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #183 on: June 18, 2014, 08:27:41 AM »

Wait a second! That is nothing to do with Polls! I was considering that for a long time even though I did not express it later! Now, regarding my levels of activity before the election, I was having some quite demanding activities in RL but now things are getting better and I won't have more problems. Regarding Goldwater, he's definitely inactive and ought to go.Let's have a fair election and stop with those sorts of accusations...
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #184 on: June 18, 2014, 11:15:53 AM »

Endorsed. I'd much rather have a good friend hold that seat than either of the two craven opportunists seeking to wrest it from you.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #185 on: June 18, 2014, 12:07:15 PM »

Endorsed!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #186 on: June 18, 2014, 01:41:58 PM »

Endorsed. Unsurprisingly, the allegations of your "inactivity" and "lack of independence" are greatly exaggerated. You have always been one of the most thoughtful and congenial Senators, and it would be a shame to lose you to someone as unreliable and untrustworthy as Flo has proven himself to be.

^^^^
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #187 on: June 18, 2014, 02:05:07 PM »

If I were in the Pacific you'd probably have my second pref, since you seem to be doing a decent job. That, and we worked together on a couple of not very big but nevertheless good bills and I appreciate your general work ethic in Atlasia, even if it's been a little less in this term.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #188 on: June 18, 2014, 09:31:09 PM »

Endorsed. Unsurprisingly, the allegations of your "inactivity" and "lack of independence" are greatly exaggerated. You have always been one of the most thoughtful and congenial Senators, and it would be a shame to lose you to someone as unreliable and untrustworthy as Flo has proven himself to be.
Endorsed. I do agree that there's been a double standard about inactivity; people like Goldwater are never questioned about it an re-elected, while this has been an irrational pile-on on your lull, which as Nix pointed out, has been highly exaggerated.

In addition, I find it slightly frustrating that your opponents, despite expressing little interest a week ago or even endorsing you, are suddenly entering the race now just because some polls show you vulnerable. I would have had no problem had they been in this race from the beginning, but the method in which they are trying to unseat strikes me as a bit underhanded.
Endorsed. I'd much rather have a good friend hold that seat than either of the two craven opportunists seeking to wrest it from you.

Thank you, one and all (and Napoleon, whose post I didn't quote but whose sentiment I appreciate all the same).

I really do appreciate the outpouring of support.

I do believe that my demise has been greatly exaggerated, if only because I have been honest about the reasons for my inactivity. Perhaps had I not drawn attention to my own shortcomings, we would not be seeing this sort of election, but such is life. Politicians don't generally get points for being honest, after all.

If I were in the Pacific you'd probably have my second pref, since you seem to be doing a decent job. That, and we worked together on a couple of not very big but nevertheless good bills and I appreciate your general work ethic in Atlasia, even if it's been a little less in this term.

Thank you Maxwell. I understand that you might want to vote elsewhere, but I appreciate the work we have done together and the effort you have made to recognize our successes.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2014, 11:09:35 PM »

The voting booth is OPEN.

I urge all Pacificans and all Atlasians to go out and vote.

If anyone has any questions for me, I will of course be glad to field them.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #190 on: June 22, 2014, 04:33:39 AM »

There's only one day left to vote!
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #191 on: June 22, 2014, 11:12:17 PM »

I will not speak for the official results, but I believe, if my running count is right, we are heading to a runoff.

I will make an official statement after the count is finalized.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #192 on: June 23, 2014, 01:29:38 PM »

Victory from the Jaws of Defeat

The message from the Pacific is clear: their desire for my leadership is murky and tepid.

I understand the reluctance, and yet I am ready to take a big step forward to wash those feelings away. I plan on being the Senator the Pacific elected 8 months ago, or 4 months ago, and I plan on being that Senator with a renewed vigor and a new lease on life. The time has come for Labor to take the reins of this country, and I don't plan on standing idly by while the Party passes me by. I will be proactive, and I will be effective. Period.

I want to thank my opponents Superique and Flo for providing nothing short of the most difficult electoral challenge I have had to face in my time in Atlasian politics in a manner to befit the history books: a pleasant, cordial challenge on a reasonable interpretation of the issues, free of mudslinging and poisonous verbiage.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #193 on: June 23, 2014, 01:30:18 PM »

Congrats!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #194 on: June 23, 2014, 04:58:05 PM »

Completely expected? Completely unexpected? In either case, congratulations!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #195 on: June 23, 2014, 05:36:40 PM »

That was probably the most stunning comeback since Oakvale staved off defeat. Congrats on your victory. Smiley
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2014, 05:38:40 PM »

Glorious news obviously. Smiley As someone who's been in pretty much an identical position believe me, it's okay to gloat a little.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #197 on: June 23, 2014, 08:32:09 PM »

"Victory from the Jaws of Defeat"... I couldn't have put a better line to it, Senator. Sweet one. Congratulations Smiley
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #198 on: June 24, 2014, 05:29:22 PM »

Completely expected? Completely unexpected? In either case, congratulations!
That was probably the most stunning comeback since Oakvale staved off defeat. Congrats on your victory. Smiley
Glorious news obviously. Smiley As someone who's been in pretty much an identical position believe me, it's okay to gloat a little.
"Victory from the Jaws of Defeat"... I couldn't have put a better line to it, Senator. Sweet one. Congratulations Smiley

Thank you everyone; I truly appreciate it.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #199 on: August 04, 2014, 01:09:19 AM »

I wanted to bump this in order to facilitate the ability of Pacificans (and any Atlasians in general) to be able to talk to their Senator.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies