The Official Des Moines Register/ABC News/Yahoo Iowa GOP Debate Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 12:18:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Des Moines Register/ABC News/Yahoo Iowa GOP Debate Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: The Official Des Moines Register/ABC News/Yahoo Iowa GOP Debate Thread  (Read 14347 times)
Bull Moose Base

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: December 10, 2011, 11:11:53 PM »

My feed dropped out half way through and I didn't notice.  Can someone fill me in on why people think Romney did so bad?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #176 on: December 10, 2011, 11:12:13 PM »

Didn't see the first half, but here's my vote based on the second half plus the highlights:

Perry: A
Wow, I've never seen Perry debate this well. Is it too late though?

Paul: A-
Best debate from Paul as well; for the first time seemed like a jolly old man rather than an angry old man

Gingrich: B+
Got attacked a lot, but held his ground

Bachmann: B-
Surprisingly solid performance

Santorum: C
Just in the background, for the most part

Romney: C-
"ten thousand dollar bet?"
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #177 on: December 10, 2011, 11:13:38 PM »

I'll also make a statement - I don't think Gingrich is the most intelligent candidate in this race. Neither is Romney. Paul is, in my opinion. If only his views were slightly more in line with mainstream conservatives, he'd have an even more serious shot at winning the nomination.

The party is starting to go in his direction. Newt needs to watch because Ron is right behind him and could overtake him if he missteps.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #178 on: December 11, 2011, 12:55:48 AM »

Does anyone know where the debate video is posted? I unfortunately missed it, and can't find the debate on abc news's website.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #179 on: December 11, 2011, 12:58:09 AM »

My feed dropped out half way through and I didn't notice.  Can someone fill me in on why people think Romney did so bad?

Probably because most forum members don't like him, and automatically think he loses a debate. I remember the apocalyptic predictions from last debate that he had shot himself in the foot, had no chance of the nomination anymore, and stuff along the lines from that perspective, and yet most commentators thought he did phenomenal in the National Security debate.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2011, 01:05:00 AM »

The $10,000 bet is going to be the only thing people remember from this debate. They won't even remember what the bet was about. Just the fact that Romney actually thought it was perfectly reasonable to go around wagering $10,000.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2011, 01:10:58 AM »

The $10,000 bet is going to be the only thing people remember from this debate. They won't even remember what the bet was about. Just the fact that Romney actually thought it was perfectly reasonable to go around wagering $10,000.

The only people who will remember it are the drama queens on MSNBC, and people who don't give a crap about voting in the GOP primaries anyway.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #182 on: December 11, 2011, 01:28:49 AM »
« Edited: December 11, 2011, 01:31:28 AM by Meeker »

The only people who will remember it are the drama queens on MSNBC, and people who don't give a crap about voting in the GOP primaries anyway.

Check your morning paper tomorrow!

EDIT: Or the Ted Kennedy line from Newt. Which of course is also bad for Romney.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2011, 01:35:57 AM »

Check your morning paper tomorrow!

EDIT: Or the Ted Kennedy line from Newt. Which of course is also bad for Romney.

Journalists aren't reflective of the attention span of the average American.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2011, 03:16:36 AM »

Who can give me a short summary of what happened ?

Thx.

(It looks like Newt had a good day, because he won the poll here by a big margin)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2011, 03:49:48 AM »

Just watch these clips:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/mitt-romney-newt-gingrich-first-jabs-moon-minerals-iowa-republican-debate-2011-politics-15130569

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/bachmanns-newt-mitt-romney-rant-gop-frontrunners-supporting-obamas-policies-politics-15130845

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/ron-paul-newt-gingrichs-hypocrisy-gop-iowa-debate-2011-criticisms-frontrunner-politics-15131304?tab=9482931&section=4765066

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kac0aUI2Wm0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXZ3i6Zj4PA
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2011, 03:39:02 PM »

Thx.

(It looks like Newt had a good day, because he won the poll here by a big margin)

Everyone tackled Newt, who knocked everyone away.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies