Trump speaks with the President of Taiwan, risking rift with China (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:12:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump speaks with the President of Taiwan, risking rift with China (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump speaks with the President of Taiwan, risking rift with China  (Read 4825 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: December 02, 2016, 07:15:23 PM »

Yeah. Unwittingly, he's just made one of the greatest US foreign policy achievements of the past 50 years.

You don't have any qualms with the president of the united states unwittingly implementing foreign policy? That doesn't bother at you at all? How long do you think that kind of bumbling leadership is going to pay dividends for America?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 08:28:24 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2016, 08:30:24 PM by Virginia »

Lincoln questions the practice of slavery.

How about now questioning a vital trading partner and powerful group within our nation that will set off a war? Battling with a trading partner presents an incredible risk for our economy and national survival.

Let's not raise the price of textiles by making cotton expensive to produce. Economics, duh. Smiley Smiley Smiley

No president has questioned the practice of slavery for over 20 years! Now a 2-year inexperienced congressman from Hicksville struts on in without a clue!

I think you are missing my point Sprouts. It's not like you can't get something good from mistakes, but that doesn't mean it's good to make them. Are you saying it's no biggie to make mistakes because sometimes it'll change history?

Personally, I support Taiwan regarding this issue, but I have to wonder if it bothers any Trump supporters out there that their president-elect is clueless on so much policy, both foreign and domestic. It leads to blunders, which can accidentally result in good things and also really bad things. Even surrounding yourself with the "best people" (he's not, he's surrounding himself with loyalists) doesn't make up for a severe lack of knowledge on basically all of govt/policy/diplomacy/etc. They can't carry all the weight.

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 08:32:50 PM »

So you believe Trump knew exactly what he was doing and what response(s) it could potentially evoke?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies