World Leaders Survivor -Stage Three - Complete (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:52:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  Survivor
  World Leaders Survivor -Stage Three - Complete (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: World Leaders Survivor -Stage Three - Complete  (Read 37093 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 04:51:21 AM »

Pahor. What the hell is he doing there?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2009, 08:39:53 AM »

The same could be said about Sigursdardottir. But unlike Pahor, she isn't Slavic, but Scandinavian, whcih probably explains your preference.

I suppose you missed when I led the charge against Halonen and Stoltenberg.

I want Sigursdardottir off, but I think I know why she is there: world's only lesbian leader. Pahor doesn't seem bad, but random. I don't see anything distinct about him.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2009, 10:13:36 AM »

The same could be said about Sigursdardottir. But unlike Pahor, she isn't Slavic, but Scandinavian, whcih probably explains your preference.

I suppose you missed when I led the charge against Halonen and Stoltenberg.

I want Sigursdardottir off, but I think I know why she is there: world's only lesbian leader. Pahor doesn't seem bad, but random. I don't see anything distinct about him.
Sorry, I forgot that.
To be fair, both of them here because everybody had more important targets and they were overlooked.

Yeah, that's what makes the targetting so unexplicably stupid. You're left with nobodies that no one heard of.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2009, 12:34:33 PM »

Borut Pahor.

Once he and Sigurdottir are gone the final winner won't be an embarassment.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2009, 07:23:01 AM »

Sigursdardottir.

I like how the right is voting the only remaining right-winged leader...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2009, 10:02:40 AM »

Fredrik Reinfeldt.

If Sigursdardottir wins this I'll be a bit embarassed. The woman has been in power less than a year and leads a teeny, tiny country that tried to get rich fast by reckless financial transactions and connections with the Russian mafia.

She isn't bad or anything but she hasn't done anything and is like half the leader of any of the last 10 or so.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2009, 03:59:12 PM »

If Sigursdardottir wins this I'll be a bit embarassed. The woman has been in power less than a year and leads a teeny, tiny country that tried to get rich fast by reckless financial transactions and connections with the Russian mafia.
The time to not be at least 'a bit' embarassed passed a while ago.* The Maldives aren't exactly larger than Iceland... and what has Reinfeldt done? (Apart from leading one of the least offensive major conservative parties to a rare electoral victory? Mind you, with First World Conservative leaders, never hearing their name again after they win is the best thing you can reasonably ask for.) But, say, what, other than double the population, distinguished him from John Key?
But hey, that happens with compromise choices. All of these three reflect a reasonablish compromise. (Though the levels of reasonableness might vary. But quite frankly, after all the sh!t that went down, I begrudge you the pleasure of "victory". A little bit. But enough to motivate my vote. Tongue )

*India is a democracy, or sort of. But dead0man was on to something with that early vote against them based on Freedom House or whatever he used. It's hardly a very free and fair place to live in. And the INC must bear the lion's share of the blame. Last times' victory was understandable due to the surprise ouster of the BJP government, but defending the title would have been quite undeserved. My last two votes were actually tactical votes to get Manmohan Singh out.

I disagree. I've been annoyed for quite a while true, but I wouldn't be embarassed by either Reinfeldt or Nasheed. Or Singh.

And I liked Key so that doesn't sway me. Tongue
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2009, 02:34:38 AM »

Fredrik Reinfeldt.

She isn't bad or anything but she hasn't done anything and is like half the leader of any of the last 10 or so.

You could say the same thing about Nasheed. Yeah he ousted a long-standing dictator and that's awesome, but there were other leaders voted off who also fought for democracy in countries more important than one with less population than my city that has virtually no economy beyond tourism, much like those Carribean and Oceania leaders who got voted for leading "joke countries". He also has been in office for less than a year in an even smaller country than Iceland.

I'm not anti-Nasheed and wouldn't be too bothered by him winning (and I think he will actually), but he's not really any more important than Sigursdardottir.

Nasheed, from what I recall has been an important political figure for a long time. Mandela would have deserved to win after a year in office, even if it had only been a year. Sigurdardottir just got in because everyone else was so tainted by Iceland's collapse. She hasn't, as far as I know, done anything to get there the way Nasheed did. I'm not saying Nasheed should be the winner either (I'm rooting for Reinfeldt out of the remaining ones) and I wouldn't have picked any of the remaining 3 for the win. My sole point is that Sigurdardottir is less deserving than the other 2 and less deserving than most of the finalists.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2009, 06:03:59 AM »

Reinfeldt.

Though I suspect Hugh meant to lock this for a little while.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2009, 09:42:46 AM »

Yeah, that's something I keep forgetting: his name is misspelled: he's not a German, it's spelled Fredrik without a second "e".

He deserves to win just for that!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2009, 04:32:51 PM »

Muhammad Nasheed. (Let's enter some spelling error of my own.)

"Frederik" is not German, Gustaf. Fréderic is French, and Frederick is English, and both are occasionally borne by Germans as well, but the German version of the name is of course Friedrich.

Of course. Someone mentioned it looking over my shoulder and I didn't reflect on it. I know Friedrich is a common German name, but I didn't make the connection.

I guess it is how English people think of German rather... Tongue

Not that I would want to win that way, *cough* but editing your vote, even due to misinterpretation was not allowed in the previous rounds. I know because I missed the change of rules.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2009, 02:30:53 AM »

Well, I'm not too surprised and I'm not too disappointed either.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies