Asia's Cult of Intelligence versus the US' Cult of Ignorance (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 04:12:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Asia's Cult of Intelligence versus the US' Cult of Ignorance (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Asia's Cult of Intelligence versus the US' Cult of Ignorance  (Read 2852 times)
Meursault
« on: June 27, 2014, 05:49:14 AM »

The problem is populism. In all other societies - at least those with a history of aristocracy - the conservative impulse translates itself as an elitist, hierarchical phenomenon. Education is to be valued as a status symbol.

Not so here in America, where the Right is socially levelling. Here we have the sickening experience of right-wing class warfare, against cultural 'elites'. Which is why our Right can make a champion of so vile and inferior a specimen of humanity as, say, that bearded "man" from Duck Dynasty.
Meursault
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 05:28:28 PM »

Elitism is useful because it dissolves artificial hierarchies rooted in popular superstition and prejudice (homophobia and racism) in favor of a natural stratification founded on ability. This is not the false market meritocracy of Capital, but a modern reconception of the ancient sense of noblesse oblige.

The masses love Jesus and hate the Other. The masses, then, should be brought to heel.
Meursault
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 06:04:45 PM »

^

Observe the stupidity that attaches itself to market liberalism, in the guise of populism, at work.
Meursault
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 06:46:23 PM »

Not at all. I've never attended college - I never even completed high school. I do not expect to be a member of the elite, and would not warrant being one. What I advocate for I do out of contempt for the course of Western history since the eighteenth (and really since the third) century and because a vertically-structured society, done right, can accomplish progressive aims better than a democratized one ever will.
Meursault
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 07:38:58 PM »

I don't remotely care about economics. Being lumpen frees me to focus my attention on cultural concerns. And in that sphere you peddle the same mindless moronism as your fellow Republicans, despite the veneer of being an accultured neoliberal you've adopted.
Meursault
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 08:39:29 PM »

If I were dictator, the second thing I'd do (the first being to place large orders of jackboots, suspenders and peaked caps) would be to send fifty or sixty of the gendarmerie to the University of Chicago with a list of names and some streetsweepers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies