oh boy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:12:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  oh boy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: oh boy  (Read 771 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« on: October 27, 2014, 06:21:46 PM »

Are you talking about the regional election?  If so, you must be confused.  Deus's vote is here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=201030.msg4351023#msg4351023
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 06:50:01 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2014, 06:52:06 PM by Barnes »

Are you talking about the regional election?  If so, you must be confused.  Deus's vote is here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=201030.msg4351023#msg4351023

im well aware that deus vote is there. Im also aware that yesterday it was at the top of page 2. Therefore someone deleted a post. Who and why?

Please stop throwing out questions like you're running the Star Chamber in here - that's totally unnecessary. 

There is nothing stopping anyone from deleting their ballot and then reposting it. Doing so would have changed the order of posts - there is no impropriety in that in any way.  There were 33 votes when the results were calculated, there are 33 votes now.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm speaking on regional law - which is much more flexible than federal law in this area.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 08:16:12 PM »

To be honest, I haven't seen that page before with regard to NE elections.  It was passed a decade ago and was in effect for a constitution that is no longer in place (the one in '04).  The Northeast has had at least two since then. 

To my knowledge, those regulations have not been applied to elections for the Assembly since it was first established.

In my opinion, those regulations are basically defunct.  In conducting elections, I've referenced the most up-to-date version of the NE Constitution and any statute passed by the Assembly since it's establishment in 2009.

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 08:49:07 PM »

OK, that certainly looks like it's still on the books.  You see the problem with statute up here?! Wink  We need to put together an election administrator handbook.

One ballot was edited in the booth, I will recalculate the results with that vote excluded.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 09:20:10 PM »

OK, the re-calculation would have been easy enough to do by hand, but just to be sure, I inputted every vote (minus the one that was edited) again manually.  The overall numbers yield the same result as previously.  Of course, if anyone would like to double check, please feel free to do so.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 10:16:39 PM »

Most recently passed was the supremacy act so federal regulations apply. Votes can be edited up to twenty minutes. I was under the impression Barnes was referencing a new law that I just couldnt find.

Again, sorry about missing the regional statute on this - it is over three years old.  Regardless of whether or not the edited vote is counted the results remain the same.

It would be a good idea for us to clarify all of this with a bill in the Assembly, however.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies