Same % of Americans identify as socially liberal, conservative, for first time (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:14:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Same % of Americans identify as socially liberal, conservative, for first time (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Same % of Americans identify as socially liberal, conservative, for first time  (Read 1207 times)
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« on: May 22, 2015, 06:32:06 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I agree with this actually. But from what I have looked at, 18-29ers are actually more pro-life than the preceding Generation X'ers.  I see so many college students at the Walk for Life in San Francisco. A lot of racial minorities too.

I hear this alot, but everytime it gets brought up, it gets proven to be incorrect, and if it is correct, it's usually something like 1 or 2% more pro-life.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 08:42:10 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I agree with this actually. But from what I have looked at, 18-29ers are actually more pro-life than the preceding Generation X'ers.  I see so many college students at the Walk for Life in San Francisco. A lot of racial minorities too.

I hear this alot, but everytime it gets brought up, it gets proven to be incorrect, and if it is correct, it's usually something like 1 or 2% more pro-life.

Still progress. I haven't seen enough data but certainly in terms of activism I see more young pro lifers at the Walk, as well as social media. I think the number of pro-lifers has gone up since the 1990s.

If it's true, it's regression. You're also more likely to see more young pro lifers because most activists in general tend to be young. The number of pro-lifers has more or less remained the same. Abortion is almost always a 50-50 split no matter what generation you're from, and likely will continue to be for decades more.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies