CIA Veteran Evan McMullin launching presidential bid (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 05:53:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  CIA Veteran Evan McMullin launching presidential bid (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CIA Veteran Evan McMullin launching presidential bid  (Read 7272 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: August 09, 2016, 07:30:28 PM »

McMullin, a former Goldman Sachs executive and CIA guy, is the literal stereotype of the so called "cuckservative" (I hate that term, but I use it this once for the sake of argument) that the party is in revolt about.

He's another Reagan zombie who talks of principles that he doesn't hold. Awful. If the #NeverTrump Republicans wanted an honest candidate who is a man of principle, they'd back Gary Johnson....but Johnson doesn't hate gays and is rational about drug legalization, so that rules out any support from the Susan Collins crowd.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 07:47:11 PM »

but Johnson doesn't hate gays and is rational about drug legalization, so that rules out any support from the Susan Collins crowd.

Wasn't Collins one of the only Republican Senators to vote for repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell?

Probably, I'm just using her as a whipping post and an indictment of the average Republican Congressional backbencher.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 09:00:21 PM »

Wait, what. How did he fail to get on in Tennessee of all places??

He collected just 129 of the 275 signatures required. Looks like no one wants him - shocker!

Link.

That is embarrassing. I've definitely collected more than 300 valid signatures in my life. It isn't that hard if you have a handful of days and a group of like five people spread out in a medium/large city. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 11:37:02 PM »

Do you think he'll at least get more votes than Rocky de la Fuente?

Now that's a good question. I'll say yes, he will beat De La Fuente.
I bet he won't. De La Fuente has actually managed to get on more ballots and has a very meager campaign infrastructure in place (ironically, the best for the Reform Party since Uncle Pat ran) for a while. I think they'll more or less tie for sixth place.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 02:02:42 PM »

FWIW, I had brunch with my aunt, uncle, and cousin at a restaurant right across the street from McMullin's campaign headquarters. It is based in downtown Tallahassee. I think it also is conveniently located in the same building as influential Florida consultant/spokesperson of the #NeverTrump movement, Rick Wilson.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 01:28:08 PM »

I love how he took to CNN to bash Gary Johnson as "not a serious candidate" while he is a 100 votes short of actually being able to win the Presidency in the 0.0000000001% chance he somehow wins every state he's on the ballot in. The fact that he has talent like Rick Wilson running his campaign even makes it more embarrassing.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 07:29:54 PM »

How long until the Hot or Not thread on her?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies