BREAKING - RONALD REAGAN HAS DIED (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:12:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING - RONALD REAGAN HAS DIED (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING - RONALD REAGAN HAS DIED  (Read 15315 times)
M

« on: June 07, 2004, 09:07:19 PM »

This really tore me up. Even though I know he's in a better place now, and he had been suffering terribly the last few years, this hurt very badly.

Ronald Reagan is second only to Winston Churchill in the 20th Century. After the awful division and national doubt of the Vietnam and Carter eras, Ronald Reagan restored our country's hope and belief in the democratic process. Most importantly, at a time when most people though the USSR was eternal and detente was the best we could possibly hope for, he stood resolute and opposed the expansion of communism and began to push it back, until at last the evil empire crumbled and 500 million people were set free.

G-d bless you, Ronald Reagan. Because of you, Morning has dawned in Eastern Europe and Latin America, and we can all pray it will soon sweep the rest of the world. Ronald Reagan will live forever.

(On a much less serious side note, I figured out how to deal with Migrendel. I just read every one of his posts in my head with the voice of HAL 9000. You would be shocked how effective this is, I nearly laughed out loud several times reading his posts on this thread.

Also, I agree, politics off this thread. If you really want to win one more for the Gipper, than just go out into the world and do what he always did- stay true to your beliefs, and fight resolutely for what you believe in, but always with a smile on your face and warmth in your heart.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies