Constructively criticize the previous poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:07:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Constructively criticize the previous poster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Constructively criticize the previous poster  (Read 3843 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2013, 11:04:56 PM »

Really one of the best posters on Atlas by any objective (or subjective) measure. The only possible improvement off the top of my head is to work a little on brevity.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2013, 11:13:27 PM »

Don't hop to different ideologies every week, and relax a bit when it comes to morals.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2013, 04:43:22 AM »

You should post more, so that I can be familiar with your posting style enough to find something to criticize about it. Tongue

Also, please change your sig. A liberty scale from NK to America leaves out at least two dozens of the freest countries in the world.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2013, 08:05:57 AM »

You can get a bit hot headed at times (Pot meet kettle Tongue). On a more positive note, you are one of the lefty posters that makes an honest effort to understand the conservative position. Your posts on prostitution show a much more nuanced view of sexuality than the juvenile "I wantz to bangz all teh wimminz and u shuldnt stop me!!!" that is so prevalent on this forum.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2013, 08:11:16 AM »

At first you kind of irked me, but you're getting better in that regard. I think that your recent turn towards being more open about your ideological underpinnings is a good one, and that it would be better for most people (in terms of getting your ideology) if you talked more about things of that sort, honestly. I'm not sure if that makes much sense.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2013, 11:14:20 AM »

You're probably one of the members of this forum "the most politically intellectual". You have really developped your ideology and it's really a good point! But you should be cautious with the members who like trolling Atlas and you tend to frequent or to agree with them, it would be really a disaster if you would be perceived like a troll by the Atlas community because you're not a troll, you are really genuine!
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2013, 11:16:00 AM »

Stop taking everything so seriously, grow a much thicker skin and stop calling everybody who you don't like a "troll".
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2013, 12:57:56 PM »

Your often aggressive and angry attitude is a big part of what makes you such an interesting poster, but if I were you I would moderate it from time to time. Not, however, on the subject of Stephen Harper. Seriously, screw Stephen Harper.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2013, 08:32:32 PM »

Could be a bit gentler on those less erudite than he, and sometimes his prose is a bit hard to parse (yes no doubt I am projecting), although I love his obscure words (I learn more new words from him than any other poster going away), and have added a couple to my repertoire, like "rebarbative." And he has the smart young "disease" of taking himself too seriously sometimes. But he is one of the jewels in the crown of this forum, and I guess my main concern is that he might not be too happy about his life, and might tend to be somewhat morose and anomic. Probably his religious side is helpful to him here.

In some ways, I was fairly similar to Nathan as a young man. I'm happy those days are over!  Smiley
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2013, 08:41:06 PM »

I think maybe Torie could do with a little less self-importance (Not saying I'm particularly perfect in that regard, either). I gather from most of his posts an air of superiority that has irked me before, but by no means does it make me feel as though Torie is a bad person.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2013, 09:17:13 PM »

Stop being so freakin awesome.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2013, 10:18:13 PM »

You tend to have moderate hero tendencies: see where you stand on issues, and take those stands. I see you are moving in the right direction on social issues, any who Wink
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2013, 11:09:59 PM »

The only real criticism I have is that you live in Oklahoma, but I suppose we cannot hold that against you can we? Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2013, 11:48:05 PM »

The only real criticism I have is that you live in Oklahoma, but I suppose we cannot hold that against you can we? Tongue
The only criticism I have of you is that you don't post enough; you are an invaluable member of the Libertarian community on Atlas, and we need you on the front lines more Tongue.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2013, 12:12:37 AM »

While I admit I disagree with most of your views on issues, I like your general frankness on views.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2013, 06:03:27 AM »

You are a fine poster and there is no specific criticism I could think about. Maybe post a bit more, so as to develop a more distinct forum personality (I'm pretty sure you have one, I just haven't had the occasion to really spot it yet).
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2013, 07:40:32 AM »

Tony, you're really a great guy. Idealistic, progressive, and firm in your beliefs, but I think sometimes you're far too nice. Don't be afraid to step on some toes when the situation calls for it, is all I'm saying.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2013, 11:41:51 AM »

I honestly don't have much to criticize. We agree on most issues, but I've got to wonder just how he manages to survive in the south. Clearly you don't fit there, man!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies