Oklahoma (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:48:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Oklahoma (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oklahoma  (Read 6213 times)
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« on: May 22, 2005, 12:55:01 PM »

Bush even got 28% of the black vote in Oklahoma according to the exit polls.
It's because of the values issue, I'm confident.  Some of my fellow Democrats think that the South will sway Democrat in 40 years because of demographic changes.  The way I see it, the Democratic Party is heading to become the party of the hypocritical, rich, elite.  I see the Republicans making inroads of up to 30% among blacks nationally and a majority of hispanics nationally if the Democrats keep straying away from populism.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 09:37:46 PM »

And if that happens, we can all but dispense with that pesky Democrat Party Smiley

In many places, it would only take a consistent 15% or so of the black vote to end it.

Bush even got 28% of the black vote in Oklahoma according to the exit polls.
It's because of the values issue, I'm confident.  Some of my fellow Democrats think that the South will sway Democrat in 40 years because of demographic changes.  The way I see it, the Democratic Party is heading to become the party of the hypocritical, rich, elite.  I see the Republicans making inroads of up to 30% among blacks nationally and a majority of hispanics nationally if the Democrats keep straying away from populism.
Of course not if Evan Bayh or Mark Warner has anything to say about it.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 02:35:00 PM »

New Jersey 1972

New Jersey 2004

Both republican victories.....what's your point?  It's amazing how you people can make an argument saying a party is collapsing when it's most recent president canidate recieved 48% of the vote.  48% is on the verge of victory, not collapse. 

And yes, we finally get it.  The Democrats suck in the South.  And I'm glad they do.  Why?  Cause if Southerners were voting for the Democratic party, I wouldn't be a Democrat.  What the Dems lost in the South they more than made up for in the Northeast.  Why don't we hear about GOP problems in the Northeast?  Bush didn't win ONE Northeastern state.  But that's not sad.  Only that the Dems took positions that happen to be different than your average hick in the last twenty years.  That's the sad part. (rolls eyes) Gimme a break. 
You're a leach that has corrupted our once glorius party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies