ME-02: Jonathan Fulford (D) in (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 08:31:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME-02: Jonathan Fulford (D) in (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME-02: Jonathan Fulford (D) in  (Read 2448 times)
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« on: July 30, 2017, 09:58:46 AM »

Surprised MAINEIAC (great name by the way) hasn't been on this guy's bandwagon yet:

https://bangordailynews.com/2017/07/24/politics/this-marine-veteran-from-lewiston-may-challenge-poliquin/

You couldn't ask for a better profile if you tried. From the core part of the district where most the population is aside from Penobscot County, and a lifelong Mainer and Marine with some elected experience. The kind of person who could make this a tossup.
Honestly, I hadn't heard of him. I live in the first district and I'm focusing on the Governor race right now. But he seems perfect. He represents Lewiston, which has a lot in common with Rust Belt towns...very Democratic in the 60s (often, Androscoggin County was the only county to go Democratic when the rest of the state went for Republicans) through the 90s, but has swung hard right since then.

Honestly, Rich and Fulford have a chance, but if Golden gets in he's probably the strongest challenger to Poliquin. It'd become pure tossup.

Doesnt Lewiston have a high Somalian refugee population for some reason? And If i remember correctly, Androscoggin was the closest Trump county in the state last year. (I think Clinton won Waldo by like 20 votes or something). Id give Poliquin the advantage to start off though. District is trending republican and he's got the French name in a very French area
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies