WaPo: Snubs and slights are part of the job in Trump’s White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 12:51:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  WaPo: Snubs and slights are part of the job in Trump’s White House
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WaPo: Snubs and slights are part of the job in Trump’s White House  (Read 976 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 29, 2017, 02:46:45 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/snubs-and-slights-are-part-of-the-job-in-trumps-white-house/2017/05/29/f5c9d5c0-417a-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 03:00:33 PM »

And he wonders why his White House leaks like a sieve. When you ask your subordinates to give you total loyalty but never give it back and make each day a nightmare leaks happen. Donald Trump has always treated his people like this and it's usually ended badly.

There is a reason aside from the Apprentice and Trump Towers that he's usually sucked in management roles. In fact he was basically not even running the show on the Apprentice right? Just showing up and making decisions at the end?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 03:11:40 PM »

There is a reason aside from the Apprentice and Trump Towers that he's usually sucked in management roles. In fact he was basically not even running the show on the Apprentice right? Just showing up and making decisions at the end?

I actually asked my mom recently what he did exactly on the Apprentice and she said that most of the work on set was handled by his daughter Ivanka. Just like his current administration (plus Kushner).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 01:43:08 AM »

I actually asked my mom recently what he did exactly on the Apprentice and she said that most of the work on set was handled by his daughter Ivanka. Just like his current administration (plus Kushner).

How was your mom connected with The Apprentice? Did she work on the show? A contestant?
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 11:19:34 AM »
« Edited: May 30, 2017, 11:26:37 AM by Yank2133 »

For the life of me, I just don't see how anyone would want to work for a guy like this.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 11:26:08 AM »

How was your mom connected with The Apprentice? Did she work on the show? A contestant?

Nope, my parents just watched the show. Apparently even the TV showed that it was his daughter who was the person actually visiting the contestants during their competitions. Donald only showed up to fire somebody at the end of each episode usually. That's their recollection of the show itself so I'm not sure how accurate that is.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 11:33:11 AM »

Nope, my parents just watched the show. Apparently even the TV showed that it was his daughter who was the person actually visiting the contestants during their competitions. Donald only showed up to fire somebody at the end of each episode usually. That's their recollection of the show itself so I'm not sure how accurate that is.
I remember my dad telling my how beautiful Ivanka was and that I'd like the show. I responded something to the effect of "girls have coodies." It was like 2005.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 12:59:25 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2017, 01:02:44 PM by Santander »

Trust me - the Apprentice was way better before he brought his kids into it. I stopped watching after George and Carolyn left the show and only watched reruns of Celebrity Apprentice after that
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies