Bill Clinton SLAMS Millenials! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:51:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bill Clinton SLAMS Millenials! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bill Clinton SLAMS Millenials!  (Read 2309 times)
Averroës Nix
United States

« on: April 21, 2016, 06:24:57 PM »
« edited: April 21, 2016, 06:29:32 PM by Averroës »

I know that it's just politics-as-cheerleading, but the cadre of Clinton supporters who have used the Sanders campaign as an excuse to whine about (other) millennials is one of the most embarrassing things that I've seen on this forum in this entire election cycle. Trashing a demographic group because it doesn't vote the way that you think it should, or because it fails to turn out as you think it should, is cringeworthy.

Of course young people are less likely to turn out, literally everyone knows that. Demonizing them doesn't help to explain why they're not voting, nor does it do anything to help us understand how to change that.

(Oh, it hardly needs saying, but the idea of the guy who was president fifteen years ago - during the roaring deregulation of the nineties, no less! - blaming people who mostly weren't eligible to vote until 2008 or later for today's economic problems is downright comical.)
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 07:16:43 PM »

I agree. The voting age should have been lowered to 15, allowing me to vote in 2010.

But that would let a good portion of my classmates vote in 2018 and 2020, and that's how we end up with President Kanye West.

Right, just like how if we ended felon disenfranchisement they'd probably all vote to make crime legal. Herp derp.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies