What Was Jeb Thinking? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:26:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What Was Jeb Thinking? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Was Jeb Thinking?  (Read 1791 times)
bobloblaw
« on: November 05, 2015, 02:12:06 PM »

I want to know the thought process of someone who wants to win the GOP nomination and presidency who:

1. Calls illegal immigration an "act of love"
2. Supports common core
3. Says he is willing to lose the primary to win the general (this never made sense)
4. Has the last name Bush

I am serious I want to know the logic that goes in one's mind leads one to believe they can win based on the above.
bobloblaw
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 02:47:30 PM »

I want to know the thought process of someone who wants to win the GOP nomination and presidency who:

2. Supports common core
3. Says he is willing to lose the primary to win the general (this never made sense)
4. Has the last name Bush

I am serious I want to know the logic that goes in one's mind leads one to believe they can win based on the above.

I suspect that he was thinking something such as, "What a bunch of retarded, useless clowns. I can win the nomination easily!" He was half-right, but failed to realize how much the party's vocal base had shifted in the directions of "hate" and "stupid".

because "hate" is when you think illegal immigration is ILLEGAL versus an act of love.
bobloblaw
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 03:54:35 PM »

I don't know... probably the same thing his brother was thinking that won him the White House.  Check out the percentage of the Hispanic vote McCain and Romney picked up compared to W Bush.

Maybe he actually has self respect and doesn't want to be a flip flopper.  Also the Republican big business establishment is appalled with the product coming out of schools.  Remember common core was designed by governors in conjuction with the private sector.  It wasn't something cooked up in Washington.  Bush is just trying to be consistent.  Bush and his kind asked for common core.  They designed it.   They championed it.  It's actually the Republicans who are running away from it now who should be asked what they are thinking.

You think Etch-a-Sketch is a better strategy?  How did that work out?

Big business wants a lot of things that are bad for the country
bobloblaw
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 09:38:26 PM »

I don't know... probably the same thing his brother was thinking that won him the White House.  Check out the percentage of the Hispanic vote McCain and Romney picked up compared to W Bush.

Maybe he actually has self respect and doesn't want to be a flip flopper.  Also the Republican big business establishment is appalled with the product coming out of schools.  Remember common core was designed by governors in conjuction with the private sector.  It wasn't something cooked up in Washington.  Bush is just trying to be consistent.  Bush and his kind asked for common core.  They designed it.   They championed it.  It's actually the Republicans who are running away from it now who should be asked what they are thinking.

You think Etch-a-Sketch is a better strategy?  How did that work out?

Big business wants a lot of things that are bad for the country

What business wants:

1. Tax cuts - Look at the 1920s and 1980s, tax cuts stimulate economic growth!
2. Less regulations - Reagan and Clinton deregulated, the economy grew
3. Free trade - proven to create high paying jobs
4. Bi-partisian immigration reform - good for the economy
5. Repeal Obamacare

Yeah real "bad" for the country.

The 1960s as well. The economy really shifted into high gear in 1964. In the 1990s Clinton cut the capital gains tax in 1997 and growth accelerated.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies