The Confederate Flag (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:34:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  The Confederate Flag (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Confederate Flag  (Read 14924 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« on: April 12, 2004, 08:15:49 PM »

I have no feeling in favor of the confederate flag but I don't favor banning it.

Aside from free speech and constitutional considerations, there are 2 reasons I don't think it should be banned:

-I don't trust the agenda of those pushing to ban it.  Many of the people pushing to ban the flag think that American society is fatally compromised by past mistreatment of blacks, and they will not be appeased by the banning of this flags.  If they win this battle, the stars and stripes are next.

-A fight against the confederate flag is diverting energy from issues that matter to blacks, like job training, family structure and education.  In my opinion, many black groups would much rather fight the battles of the 1960s, which they already won, and which put all the onus for action on other people, than deal with the issues and conditions that exist today.  This confederate flag issue, like most issues raised today by groups like the NAACP, is more a dodge from reality and an avoidance of dealing with real problems than an actual issue.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 08:39:47 AM »

Reading the thread I'm a bit confused. Is it allowed to fly the Nazi flag in the US ?

I would imagine it is, but very few people would dare to do it.  I don't think any flag is outlawed in the US, not should they be.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies