The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:13:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 230291 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2018, 01:29:35 PM »

Thanks to Trump and his supporters, now anyone over 35 with a pulse thinks they could be President. We need someone with actual experience, not yet another know-nothing in the White House.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2018, 07:52:54 PM »

This should give people some real good insight into the "Economic distress" the "White Working Class" was worried about when they all voted for Trump LOL. As I've said many times most of these WWC have above average incomes (50k+), own their own homes, and are relatively economically comfortable, and the only things they think about when they vote are 1) Making sure Blacks don't get Welfare, 2) Making sure Hispanics get deported, 3) Making sure Abortion is banned, 4) Making sure they can buy Assault Rifles, 5) Making sure gays and lesbians can't marry, and finally 6) Making sure America keeps on bombing Muslim countries. Due to this Democrats should not focus on trying to win these people, and should instead try to turnout their base of Nonwhites and young people to flip the three states Trump won by less then a point (MI, PA, and WI).

Why did nearly 7 million vote for Obama and then Trump then that are disproportional located in the Midwest? You're confusing a small portion of te White WWC with the average Republic voter?
Because Trump is "one of them", Romney and McCain were not. Listen, I'm not saying that all of these guys are racist, but the notion that Trump won because of "economic anxiety" is just bull. Cultural issues, identity voting and depressed democratic turnout decided that election.

These same people will turn around and at the drop of  hat curse billionaires (like Trump), coastal elites (like Trump), Jews (like Trump's son-in-law), bankers (like his Goldman Sachs appointees), big corporations (like his administration is made of and intervenes on behalf of), godless sinners (like Trump)... the list goes on and on. Trump is everything these people claim to hate, and yet they support him. I'm sure the fact that he's an outspoken bigot and racist is just a coincidence.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2018, 02:42:12 PM »

We're forgetting the fact that some posters on this forum feel it necessary to treat everything like it's a legitimate argument, even though it's super obvious that the poster is trolling. Pretty sure it's called Autism.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2018, 06:12:05 PM »

Yank2133's back bone is getting exposed. It's not very strong.

Whatever, dude.

I actually want to see something done about the dreamers. I just don't think Democrats shutting the government for eternity is going to get them anywhere.

If you wanted someone done for the dreamers you could of lasted more than 2 days to do something. Now nothing will happen and Democrats look weak like usual.

You and your buddies helped elect Trump. Back then the future of the DREAMers wan not as important as you feeling good and ideologically pure. So please, do everybody a favor: sit down and STFU while other people try to clean up the mess you made.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2018, 07:37:45 PM »

This is why W Bush > Trump

I mean yes you could disagree with Bush’s policies but he didn’t embarrass the country worldwide

Bingo. We are in a whole new class of awful.

It's not just that. There are other Presidents who did embarassing or shameful or stupid things. Not with Trump's relentless awful pettiness, but Nixon, Johnson and others could do and say equally bad stuff.

But with Trump that's all there is. There is nothing more in Trump's head regarding India than making fun of its PM's accent. Nothing. Everyone reading this knows that, whether they admit it or not. He is a pathetic hollow shell of a human being, with the intellect of a child.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2018, 07:55:15 PM »

This just shows how shallow and short-term the attention spans of Americans in general are.. coupled with deep seeded polarized partisanship.

The second the FBI doesn't do the right thing regarding Trump in the eyes of Democrats, the numbers will flip.

This forum has to realize we are not like most Americans.  We are insanely high information compared to most people.  It makes for a depressing outlook.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2018, 12:33:30 AM »

Here's how people actually vote:

1) Your either left or right politically

2) You adopt the positions of your party or political leanings the majority of the time without much thought

3) You then seek out information from your preffered biased sources to justify a position on an issue you know nothing about

4) But you never actually give a shìt if the issue is achieved and never check up on it again (notice Trumps base doesn't care he failed to build the wall)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2018, 07:30:42 PM »

Aren't you the person that went from voting for Jill Stein to being a libertarian in a few months?

It wasn't a few months, nor was I anywhere near the average Jill Stein voter in 2016 (though I certainly was in 2012), but it's pretty funny seeing the time frame become shorter and shorter everytime someone brings it up Tongue

I also don't even consider myself a true libertarian at all, and have even mentioned on here and several other forum related places that I still haven't actually left the Green Party, in fact there have been several local Green Party affilated gatherings and such that I've participated in recently. I may not agree with them on quite a few issues, but I still agree with them on a number of issues that are most important to me.

Far be it from a libertarian Jill Stein voter with Ed Gillespie sympathies who attends local Green Party meetings to lecture Democrats on principles.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2018, 09:27:35 PM »

Aren't you the person that went from voting for Jill Stein to being a libertarian in a few months?

It wasn't a few months, nor was I anywhere near the average Jill Stein voter in 2016 (though I certainly was in 2012), but it's pretty funny seeing the time frame become shorter and shorter everytime someone brings it up Tongue

I also don't even consider myself a true libertarian at all, and have even mentioned on here and several other forum related places that I still haven't actually left the Green Party, in fact there have been several local Green Party affilated gatherings and such that I've participated in recently. I may not agree with them on quite a few issues, but I still agree with them on a number of issues that are most important to me.

Far be it from a libertarian Jill Stein voter with Ed Gillespie sympathies who attends local Green Party meetings to lecture Democrats on principles.

Don't you have some unhealthy obsession with West Virginia to go post about?

Probably, but I'm not sure how that's relevant.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2018, 02:49:53 PM »

You people win. I'm done trying to make rational debate here. It won't happen. It's like trying to light the ocean on fire. There'll be only sh**tposting from here on out for me.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2018, 02:22:36 PM »

The reason that Democrats will vote at a greater rate this year is that they hate or dislike Trump as much as Republicans hated or disliked Obama or would have hated or disliked Hillary.  There has been some of that type of partisan dislike through out or history.   But now it has reached a crescendo due to large policy differences that have not been as great since the 1850s. We know what resulted from those differences.

Has it possibly come time to split? Probably not.  But the divisions are very deep.

Well, when 90% of one side resorts to supporting a pedophile (like you did), I guess that would indeed cause some irreconcilable societal tension
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2018, 03:04:10 PM »

They're separating brown people so Evangelicals don't care. Seriously, Trump's GOP might not care about fiscal conservatism or small government but they also don't give a crap about religion or social conservatism either. It's all about triggering the libs, winning the new culture wars and keeping America white.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2018, 09:31:15 PM »

^Came here to post that, lol.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2018, 03:40:52 AM »

Of course the media gave more free publicity to Trump.  Trump is right about one thing; he's been "tremendous" for their ratings.

People are always more interested in the monkey than the organ grinder.  Especially if the organ grinder is playing a dull tune, albeit competently, and the monkey is just flinging shit at some nearby children.  Which would you rather watch?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2018, 06:19:26 PM »

>reagan fan

wonder what Reagan would have thought about all this invading your neighbors and undermining NATO business.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2018, 05:00:35 PM »

"Medicare for All" is a great name because it's a specific commitment. This is easier to distinguish from the GOP's spurious commitment to "universal access" (i.e. health care for anyone who can afford it).

Let's not get into another situation where we elect people who promise us "universal health care" but instead burden us with a sick joke like the Affordable Care Act.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2018, 06:34:23 PM »

All the "controversies" are not really controversies. They are political correctness. Donald Trump, is the anti-politically correct President. That's all. The reason MLB player Josh Hader gets a standing ovation in Milwaukee isn't like the libs on here say because he "apologized for offensiveness and agreed to sensitivity", he's getting a standing ovation by the crowd because that is their way of saying, "Screw those PC idiots, Josh! Keep playin' ball!"  Liberals gauge on the pulse of America is so far off that it's almost laughable.

What are you talking about? Nobody thinks they were applauding his apology. We all know it was the Deplorable Minority thinking his Twitter posts were cool.

I'll ask again though since you were too chicken to answer on the other thread- do you know what Hader tweeted? I can't imagine even you would condone throwing around the N word like that.

He would condone it because he knows we are against it.

And you know, he's right about some things. Maybe it's true that Liberals do not really have their thumb on the pulse of America. Sad thing is, he doesn't realize that it says more about America than it does about liberals.

What a country!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2018, 07:48:20 PM »

Voters are stupid: Democrats need to learn to lower the bar in their discourse (and that includes not making voters read things on-screen for 30 seconds at a time).
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2018, 06:39:58 PM »

Also, I don't understand why people want to ban ReaganFan, krazen and Sanchez. I'm sure they're terrible people, but it's not like their unrepresentative of ~40% of the country. Presumably (or hopefully, rather) most of these Atlas Dems will have jobs at some point where they'll find they have to work with and tolerate assholes like ReaganFan, krazen and Sanchez and pretend to be friends with them. You can't just stick your head in the sand, folks.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2018, 07:36:10 PM »

As we are all well aware, Democrats are the party of very rich and very high-IQ urban and suburban voters with college degrees from elite schools while Republicans are the party of poor white working class blue-collar hicks without even high school diplomas who live out in the sticks of Flyover Country and vote entirely on racism and silly Bible Belt fundamentalism and nothing else rational or remotely intelligent. This much is obvious to all educated observers.

My question is, when, if ever, will the Democrats max out their votes with their super-IQ rich urban/suburban voters and when will Republicans likewise max out their votes with the dumb-as-rocks racist, bigoted, and completely uneducated and ignorant rural white plebs of the Deliverance type countryside who vote against their own interests? Will it be in 80 years, 100 years (or longer) or never?

Huh
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2018, 05:21:58 PM »

Context.

And over 50% of Democrats think the govt should have the authority to run your healthcare so what’s your point?

Came here to post this. Truly, a special kind of ignorance is on display here.

Yeah, it is like when Hillary said half of Trump's supporters are deplorable. Clearly it is more like 90% in both cases.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2018, 04:57:05 PM »

You have to remember, the left has a very broad definition of racism. To millions of white Americans, the KKK is racist, segregation was racist, and slavery was racist. In the absence of that, nothing else is racist to millions and millions of people.

For accurately describing how tens of millions of Americans feel.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2018, 02:44:20 PM »

muh Pelosi just needs to end but it is true that a lot of people who are warming up to the Democrats are in fact not fans of her.

Yea that is absolutely true, but since she ranks so low with people's lists of priorities, she doesn't end up factoring that much into their decision. Most of those people rating her as a big factor in their votes are probably Republicans or Republicans masquerading as indies who were never going to vote Democrat anyway, and would probably say any number of liberal boogeymen are a big factor in their votes (Clinton, Obama, etc). What they won't say is that the biggest factor and the only factor that matters in their vote is that the candidate must be a Republican (and a Trump supporter too maybe?). Nothing else matters to them.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2018, 12:49:36 PM »

this goddamn forum, I swear to god. You people overestimate the impact of meaningless things to a ridiculous extent.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2018, 08:40:57 AM »

That's why there's no way to move forward in most political conversations today. We can't even agree on what's objectively happening.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies