The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:24:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 230284 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2018, 01:37:27 PM »

I don’t see why one would want Sanchez and ReaganFan banned. They’re representative of at least 45% of the country. What, do you go about your daily lives pretending Republicans don’t exist?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2018, 03:06:21 PM »

He's like a drug - a Massive HP who lured us in with his words, made us feel good for a while, hollowed out our soul, and left behind a living corpse.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2018, 11:43:47 AM »

West Virginia, Alabama, and Florida's panhandle as racist sh!tholes where all the people there support "welfare for whites" and think the Democratic Party is an anti-white hate group.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2018, 03:00:11 PM »

Maybe it's because I really like IceSpear, but isn't it super obvious that that comment was misquoted? Like, isn't that the joke?

Taking obvious jokes seriously is an Atlas Forum pasttime.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2018, 01:51:27 PM »

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2018, 12:56:37 AM »

^Well, there's also the fact that we don't even know for sure whether Bush actually won the electoral college in 2000.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2018, 03:53:50 PM »

Literally everything Republicans say about liberals or Democrats.. is projection.  An angry accusation to the "enemy" of a personal characteristic about themselves that they hate.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2018, 03:00:37 PM »

the key is to understand that the vast majority of americans do not have a coherent political ideology or position on any political spectrum
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2018, 12:58:30 AM »

B-b-b-but muh strong candidate Buehler! Muh weak incumbent Brown! Muh sleeper race! Muh Oregon is ripe for the picking for the GOP muh!!!

Oregon is Safe DStrong Likely D. News at 11.

Sleeper race is Cuomo or Newsom losing, more so Cuomo

Cuomo and Newsom would not lose even if they touched children.

Are we still making this stupid argument after Roy Moore lost in a state that was seemingly invincible for Republicans? Californians and New Yorkers aren’t as brain dead stupid as Alabama republicans.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2018, 04:34:42 PM »

Atlas Democrats:

"Trump is obviously a vile human being, why do still people vote Republican?"

Atlas Democrats, after a wealthy Republican says he will stop voting Republican because Trump is a vile human being:

"I don't want your support, neoliberal scum!"
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2018, 04:55:36 PM »

Atlas Democrats:

Atlas Democrats, after a wealthy Republican says he will stop voting Republican because Trump is a vile human being:

The hofoid house is that way.

What about the post is inaccurate exactly?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2018, 06:17:54 PM »

Some could say this of me, as I am likely to vote for more Democrats than Republicans this year (for parochial reasons).

...like me; a Republican supporting Bill Nelson.

Why are you supporting Nelson? Even if you don't like Scott for whatever reason; how can you, given the views that you have, think anything good would come out of Democrats taking back the Senate?

Nelson is one of the more moderate and reasonable Democrats, and Scott is morally unfit for public office.  I cannot bring myself to vote for someone who, in a deposition, took the Fifth Amendment 75 times.

A political convention cheered, "LOCK HER UP!" about Hillary Clinton.  What should be said about a man who took the Fifth Amendment 75 times in a deposition surrounding an investigation into the most massive Medicare fraud in history, at a company Scott was CEO of?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2018, 06:46:00 PM »

Atlas Democrats:

The hofoid house is that way.

What about the post is inaccurate exactly?
Implies the Democrats have to accept conservatives trying to turn the party into something it is not!

No it doesn't. It just says if you want people to stop supporting Trump, then don't complain when people stop supporting Trump. The guy in question didn't even become a Democrat.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2018, 09:12:01 PM »

Am I the only one who finds it odd that many of the Bernie supporters are choosing Jim Webb as their second choice? Why anyone would have the most conservative candidate as their second choice behind the most progressive one is beyond me. My guess is that it would have to do with caring more about an aura of "populism" than the actual policy positions of the candidates.

#populism Purple heart in action.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2018, 11:47:57 PM »

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2018, 01:33:27 AM »

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2018, 09:06:34 PM »

Ask this question like this

Would you support a Single Payer system knowing your taxes would have to double .

Asking it without that caveat is idiotic

I’ve a feeling the only reason you said this was because you don’t like the results of this poll. It shouldn’t be a surprise that many Republicans are out of touch with a good portion of GOP voters, especially on certain economic issues.

It’s almost like Republicans care more about black people kneeling and Confederate traitor statues than they do about Ayn Randianism.

And this is why a thrice married NYC former democrat billionaire won the nomination with 46% despite it being supposedly one of the strongest GOP fields ever.

He simultaneously gave into their cultural anguish while cozying up to their economic views. He wasn’t some slick talking uber Christian war hawk talking down to the peasantry about needing to reform entitlements. He was a bombastic self-worshiping d*ckhead who appealed to secular nationalist sentiments - both cultural and economic alike.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2018, 03:32:46 PM »

"Show me the man, and I'll find you the crime." -Joseph Stalin

Unless it's Hillary Clinton, apparently.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2018, 04:58:17 AM »

Ducey seems to have gotten a big bump from appointing McCain’s replacement. It’s extremely annoying given that all he did was appoint a partisan hack but voters aren’t exactly famous for their intellect.

"Swing voters" generally don’t base their vote on issues, or anything of actual substance, for that matter.

Both posts qualify.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2018, 03:02:07 PM »

Everyone in these threads always conflates Bad Polling with a bad campaign. However, the two are not equal, one can run a superb campaign but still lose by 30 points. Similarly, one can run a sh**tter of a campaign and still end up across the finish line.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2018, 04:52:52 PM »

It's really worrying how delusional the Dems in this forum are. 
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2018, 12:52:40 AM »

Hmmm...very interesting how all of a sudden the lock her up crowd is interested in due process
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2018, 01:29:43 AM »

For god's sake, what is the forums obsession with West Virginia? Why aren't they any where near the same number of topics about what Republicans need to do to win back Vermont? Expending great effort to completely change the partys ideology and abandon many of its core planks to appease a small electorally insignificant state which will probably continue to hate it anyway would be utterly braindead
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2018, 11:45:40 PM »

Many times, especially on Atlas, a candidate is seen as god-tier until they lose, after which they are immediately labeled as a joke. GA-06 is the most obvious example of this ("Ossoff for president!" "Oh wait, he was actually always a terrible candidate"), but Trump's campaign went from being a "dumpster fire" to "genius" after he won the 2016 election. Mark Kirk was seen as a strong incumbent who would be very difficult to dislodge, while Ron Johnson was a joker who was DOA... until the results came in, and suddenly Johnson was a strong candidate who ran a great campaign, while Kirk was a complete joker who was always going to lose.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2018, 03:44:08 AM »

Ipsos tells us about as much as throwing around some goat entrails and having the augurs watch how the birds fly after invoking the name of Jupiter
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies