indiana is a theocratic hellhole, part 2936 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 05:51:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  indiana is a theocratic hellhole, part 2936 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: indiana is a theocratic hellhole, part 2936  (Read 3812 times)
AggregateDemand
United States

« on: March 31, 2015, 10:22:13 AM »

In liberal America, everyone is a victim except for intentionally slain unborn children.

For the record, I'm pro-choice, but liberals flaunt their hypocrisy shamelessly, and someone should point it out.....for their own good.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 10:30:25 AM »

I'm not particularly interested in this issue, as unfortunate as it may be. I'm interested in undermining the self-serving confirmation bias that leads to nonsensical vitriol.

People get screwed by laws all the time. If you think a preponderance of the blame can be assigned to one political party or ideology, you're smoking something.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 03:18:43 PM »

Aren't proclaimed libertarians like yourself supposed to care about people getting screwed by laws?

I don't live in your universe. Where I'm from, curing the disease is vastly superior to treating the symptoms.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 05:08:19 PM »

Aren't proclaimed libertarians like yourself supposed to care about people getting screwed by laws?

Don't you think you should be able to understand argument in metaphor or symbol, if you're going to present yourself as competent for discussion?
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 10:37:39 AM »
« Edited: April 01, 2015, 10:44:26 AM by AggregateDemand »

In liberal America, everyone is a victim except for intentionally slain unborn children.

For the record, I'm pro-choice, but liberals flaunt their hypocrisy shamelessly, and someone should point it out.....for their own good.

LOL so says someone from the party that always claims that they are the victims of the "left-wing radical leftist secularist liberal mainstream media" that is out to get them with all their gotcha questions and leftist bias.

Conservatives play the victim card just as much. The Religious Right is now singing the tune that they are the ones who are being persecuted by the "left-wing radical leftist secularist liberal government," simply because they are held accountable for the nonsense and prejudices they espouse in the name of "religious freedom." This faction of the conservative moment is all about trying to force their religious beliefs on society, and then when people fight back or disagree with them, they claim they're the victims and that there's a "war on Christianity," etc.

Also, I've never heard someone who's pro-choice refer to a fetus as "an unborn child."

I'm of the opinion that the government is a clumsy organization that doesn't recognize life until it assigns it a serial number and begins taxing/subsidizing. Therefore, pregnant women ought not be overly-burdened with the political whims of the troglodyte class in Washington. I also understand the economic arguments for abortion, and the moral hazard caused by allowing the government to dictate who is born.

However, I'm under no dissolution about the inherently immorality of abortion, nor am I particularly impressed with the "pro-choice" crowd, who are only pro-choice when a woman's reproductive rights are in question.

Finally, I've also indicated I'm only pro-choice as long as it doesn't become a tool of the eugenics crowd.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies