Is this country headed toward another depression? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 11:39:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is this country headed toward another depression? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is this country headed toward another depression?  (Read 5421 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: September 18, 2008, 07:42:38 PM »

I heard this being floated around at work.  With several major financial institutions biting the dust the past week, my co-workers are comparing this to what happened in late 1929 into 1930 at the onset of the Great Depression.  They are tossing around the idea that this is looking eerily similar to the events 78 years ago.  What say you?  I don't necessarily agree with the idea that we're headed to a depression.  One reason is, the American Economy of 2008, while in a recession, is much stronger than the American Economy of 1929-1930.  80 years has made our economy very strong.  Plus, with several "recessions" in those 80 years, those events have made our economy very resilient and we have been able to bounce back nicely from all the recessions we've had in the past 70-80 years.  I want to get your honest, non-partisan, opinion, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies