US-trained Syrian rebels give equipment to al-Qaeda group (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 08:37:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  US-trained Syrian rebels give equipment to al-Qaeda group (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US-trained Syrian rebels give equipment to al-Qaeda group  (Read 621 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« on: September 27, 2015, 04:00:52 AM »
« edited: September 27, 2015, 04:09:21 AM by Old Europe »

I just shows what a mess the Syrian civil war situation is.

Syrian Kurds: Enemy of the Islamic State and NATO member Turkey

Syrian Opposition: Enemy of the Islamic State and Bashar al-Assad, allied with al-Nusra Front (al-Qaeda affiliate) and the United States

Syrian Government: Enemy of the Islamic State, the Syrian Opposition, and the al-Nusra Front, allied with Russia

al-Nusra Front: Enemy of the Islamic State, Bashar al-Assad, and the United States, allied with al-Qaeda and the Syrian Opposition

Turkey: Enemy of the Islamic State and the Syrian Kurds, allied with the United States

The enemy of the enemy is my friend, but the the friend of my friend is also my enemy. And sometimes the enemy of my enemy is still my enemy.

Consensus is that the Islamic State is by far the worst faction, everything else is a matter of preference and how far you're willing to compromise in order to fight the IS. Opinions differ on whether the Islamic State is bad enough to turn a blind eye on Assad (who's really really evil, but quite as evil as the IS).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies