Did you like going through a car wash as a kid? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 06:13:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Did you like going through a car wash as a kid? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Did you like going through a car wash as a kid?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Did you like going through a car wash as a kid?  (Read 1142 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: October 18, 2014, 08:54:16 AM »

Of course.  And I don't normally (well, ever) wash my car that way now*, but I did a few times when the kids were younger just for the experience.  Though it's probably a bit scarier these days because it's so loud.  When I was kid the water was fairly low pressure and then the big rags came along and did the scrubbing....with today's "no touch" things, it's all about high water pressure.

I feel the same way. I went on youtube to see if I could find a video of the old fashioned kind with lots of touching, to show the young'uns and, of course, Oklahoma still has the old fashioned kind. I remember blue cloth instead of red, but whatever. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-cGu6iqCNA
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 10:08:51 PM »

When I was a kid, the Exxon near me offered a free trip through the car wash with a fill up, but they never ever changed the four digit passcode to enter the car wash, so once you knew it, you could always use it for free. A lot of businesses had really obvious loopholes like that. Subway had a little business card where each time you bought a sandwich they would punch a hole in it, so that your tenth sandwich was free. But it was just a regular hole punch. Anybody could just punch all nine holes and get a free sandwich. Times have changed. People are a lot smarter today.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies