Something-gate: Trump claims Obama bugged Trump Tower. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 02:03:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Something-gate: Trump claims Obama bugged Trump Tower. (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Something-gate: Trump claims Obama bugged Trump Tower.  (Read 27753 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: March 04, 2017, 08:43:36 AM »
« edited: March 31, 2017, 04:57:19 PM by We're never gonna have it so good! »

Very serious if proven true.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 08:59:34 AM »

Are you actually dumb enough to not realise that this if this were true it'd be extremely damning for Comrade Trump
You don't find a presidential candidate being bugged by the President in the name of "national security" and the CIA a little familiar? You haven't heard this story before?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 09:31:30 AM »

You are all making the mistake of assuming that if there were wiretaps, they were legal and court approved.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 02:23:39 PM »

You are all making the mistake of assuming that if there were wiretaps, they were legal and court approved.

Because Occam's razor is a safer bet than "outgoing President wants hot, new, illegal gossip on a guy who he was too chickenshit to release any actual foreign-related intelligence on that he already had before the election".
They didn't have the foreign intelligence. All they had was the Billy Bush tapes. Hillary had to beg Tom Arnold to release another video that apparently existed.
Sanchez can you explain why we should take Trump's claim at face value after this Bowling Green Massacre and Sweden nonsense?

Can Sanchez also provide us the findings of Trump's crack team of investigators that went to Hawaii to look into Obama's birth certificate? Plz Sanchez Plz

I would also like for Sanchez to back up those 15 times I posted fake "smears" on Trump. He seems to have disappeared from that thread.
Have any of you guys ever heard of a thing called Friday night? I usually spend mine doing loser things somewhere else than Atlas.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 03:09:53 PM »

This is a man who has believed every conspiracy theory about Obama that he has ever heard.
It's funny that this thread has more personal attacks on the messenger because the other side is still trying to form a consensus: is Trump a lying idiot who is simply making this up? Or is it true and should be defended as a good thing?

Either way, he has a consistent track record of being proven right in phony scandal after scandal, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 03:43:58 PM »

Phony Trump Scandals

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=260038.0
REALITY: Trashy New Jersey guy responds to vandalism by trashy Puerto Rican guy by painting a trashy swastika over a trashy mural in front of a trashy building in a trashy state. Somehow it’s Trumps fault!

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=259739.0
REALITY: Assumed Neo-Nazi Trump supporter turns out to be a black anti-Trump leftist journalist with a psychotic obsession with an ex-girlfriend.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=259993.0
REALITY: Mob of angry Trump supporters turns out to be only a handful of kids trying to spook the other team with some really inappropriate, borderline racist chants of “Trump.” The chants were of course made as it turns out by students with motivations entirely irrelevant to the broader political discourse.  

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=259793.0
REALITY: LOL. His meal was burnt. That apparently is enough for Atlas Red Avatars to sneer and jeer.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=259964.0
REALITY: The Yemen raid (which, by the way, we had no business ordering) was tarnished as a failure by the generals, and their rumormongering went wild in the media. When Trump recognized Mrs. Owens during his speech and her husband’s sacrifice, he was accused of politicizing what the media (and I myself, since there was literally not one venue providing actual information) believed to be a failed raid. Well, as it turns out, the raid wasn’t a failure, however costly it might have been and how much I oppose American boots on the ground in Yemen in any and all circumstances.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=259781.0
REALITY: This thread was really stupid. I mean, where have you guys been in the last sixteen years? Have you all forgotten that we are to some degree or another at war in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Pakistan, Syria, and Yemen without a congressional declaration?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=259584.0
REALITY: “Pro-Russian” CPAC demonstrator revealed to be Democratic operative.

Remember the Swedish problems and the rioting the next day? Or how Hillary Clinton was once and for all cleared and that email gate was behind her? By the way, if the Justice Department has the FBI bugging Trump’s phone, does that mean that Comey is cool again or what?

This is a man who has believed every conspiracy theory about Obama that he has ever heard.
It's funny that this thread has more personal attacks on the messenger because the other side is still trying to form a consensus: is Trump a lying idiot who is simply making this up? Or is it true and should be defended as a good thing?

Either way, he has a consistent track record of being proven right in phony scandal after scandal, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

The man launched his political career by being wrong about an Obama conspiracy theory.
Trump launched his career with obnoxious media stunts. I'm not going to pretend to condone that stuff. Does that mean I should have voted for career criminal and literally evil person Hillary Clinton instead?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 12:35:23 PM »

Are you high or suffering from a head injury? Serious question.

Oh, you seem to have gone completely silent in this thread. Are you tucking tail and crawling away in admission you once again defended the unhinged loon in chief, or is your mouth just full with Trump's balls again?
I really don't get what I'm ducking. I posted Trump's allegations. What about this story has so many of you guys obsessed with me? I've got classes to attend, papers to write, and midterms to study for.The media constantly accuses Trump of twisting the facts or making them up all together. The usual suspects sneered and jeered as the very suggestion of "alternate facts.' They hold a monopoly on fact and aren't held to the same standards when called to defend their "facts."

Of course, I'll humor you at this point. What evidence has the media shown to prove that this isn't true? Because I've seen plenty, including from literal Senators, that suggests the bugging not only occurred but that evidence collected exists, and that the content of which has been disseminated among the top brass in Washington.

So, while the media decided that this is a big fat nothingburger, the rest of the entrenched opposition in Washington is still trying to decide whether Trump is a pro-Russian plant or a lying idiot who just made this up. They can't make up their minds. It's hard to respond to posts across a thirteen page thread when the green and red (and a few self-righteous, unimportant blue guys too) avatars can't decide if he's a cold calculating threat or a blustering idiot.

Let's look at what we know. We know that a court had originally rejected a request to bug Trump, the very pro-Trump NYT is reporting that the White House Counsel is actively trying to get a hold of a copy of the warrant issued. The Justice Department, which likes to pretend it has a history of relative autonomy within the executive branch (lol), has reacted by putting up a pretense of concern.

Of course, as we know, the Justice Department is no den of angels. Not. At. All.

So right now, we're awaiting the warrant being dug up. There is probably a lot of internal resistance in the Justice Department as the middle tier Obama appointees held over to keep the Department operational until the Deputy/Under-Secretaries are appointed. Trump obviously isn't happy over some of these issues. Which by the way, leads me to another point: how is it that every major or minor internal disturbance somehow finds it's ways into the papers and
TV broadcasts, complete with transcripts and videos?

While the media seems to enjoy the Trump tapes leaking from the West Wing, Senator Chris Coons (D-DE) quietly confirmed that the wiretaps were in place. According to Senator Chris Coons:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

So, Trump was wiretapped and transcripts exist according to Chris Coons, though he walked back those statements yesterday. The Senate Intelligence Committee, according to Coons, will be receiving the relevant intelligence but these hearings will be held behind closed doors. So, in other words, Coons has once again basically confirmed that Trump was indeed bugged, though he keeps wavering over whether or not there are any transcripts.

The New York Times says there is no confirmed evidence. Chris Coons is basically saying that a wiretap was conducted and that something apparently is there. Seeing as how Flynn fell, how every single thing that happens in the White House leaks to the press, and how just this weekend literal video of Trump raging around the Oval Office surfaced, I think it is safe to say that there is a very complex and most likely informal ring of spies around Trump reporting their findings to rogue elements of the intelligence community, which historically has long operated independently and has pursued their own agenda in defiance of President after President. I see no reason why I should believe them over Trump, aside from the media and Badger telling me "because you have too!"

Something is coming out.

Trump would not have reacted like this unless he had some inside info.

LOL

Trump reacts like this when he sees something on Fox News and likes it. He's like a dog chasing a car.

Quoted for posterity. I am not a betting man, but I think Trump has the inside info on this one revealing information on the locations that have been tapped. He probably asked if Trump Tower was ever tapped and found out it was.

We will just have to wait and see.

He tried to find out..

Probably it was Trumps famous instincts. He knew that an investigation was coming. The FISA order would eventually be leaked to the media and they would likely use it as evidence or indication of collaboration with Russia. The best defense is a [good] offense. Instead Trump could use this order now, if exists, as "evidence" of Nixonian "witch-hunt". Right or not, fair or not, America is so polarized that it could work [perceived that way] fairly well for Trump.

With "instincts" like the ones on display during the past week, I can see how he went bankrupt so many times.  Btw, if McGahn was doing that then he's probably gonna find himself in serious legal trouble as well since that'd be a pretty blatant example of interfering with an active investigation (presumably with the intention to tamper with evidence).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 02:20:54 PM »

The New York Times and the rest of the liberal media say there's no evidence the Trump campaign was wiretapped. Where on earth could he have got such an idea from?

And why is Chris Coons requesting transcripts, presumably of the same information that leaked to the Times?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 02:28:00 PM »

The man launched his political career by being wrong about an Obama conspiracy theory.
Trump launched his career with obnoxious media stunts. I'm not going to pretend to condone that stuff. Does that mean I should have voted for career criminal and literally evil person Hillary Clinton instead?

Don't for a second pretend you're in the reluctant Trump supporter camp.
[/quote]
Missed this one. Far from it, though. Trump is exactly the type of match we needed to throw on the increasingly large pile of gunpowder that the outgoing world order represented. I'm not going to pretend for a minute that he's going to be a traditional statesmen. To me, his purpose is to serve as a transitional figure to ensure that the GOP becomes a party of national conservatism and America becomes a regional powerhouse as opposed to an overstretched, crumbling empire.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 08:26:55 PM »

I see notorious poltroon Badger has gone silent Roll Eyes
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 09:44:14 AM »

Are you actually dumb enough to not realise that this if this were true it'd be extremely damning for Comrade Trump
You don't find a presidential candidate being bugged by the President in the name of "national security" and the CIA a little familiar? You haven't heard this story before?

This is just another conspiracy theory with zero evidence, and it is not being backed by the intelligence community.

You know what IS being backed by the intelligence community? That Trump and his team colluded with Russia to win the election.

And anyway, even if the wiretapping did happen, you just said it was in the name of national security. Wouldn't a presidential campaign working with a foreign power to hack our election system be a threat to our national security?
Finks the intelligence agencies. Remember this place called Iraq? The intelligence agencies have already borderline flirted with treason numerous times before and they will do so again if not reigned in.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 03:33:16 PM »

You are 100% right, EnglishPete. The whole charade is folding quicker than Badger at a poker game.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 03:41:50 PM »

You are 100% right, EnglishPete. The whole charade is folding quicker than Badger at a poker game.

So the counter theory is that the CIA used Umbrage to hack the DNC for Trump and pin it on the Russians? That theory is almost as insane as it being some 300 lb. kid in his mom's basement.
The fact that the same CIA that ten years ago fabricated WMDs in Iraq apparently is now infallible is a sign of insanity. Isn't the definition of that word doing the same thing over and over again? They don't have WWIII on their minds but they'll fight it to protect the old system, which is being rejected across the entire western world at the moment.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2017, 03:45:06 PM »

Oh neat, a cartoon to prove your point. You've convinced me, and all it took was Scooby-dooby-doo!
The purpose of the post was not to convince you but to mock you

The whole 'Russia worked with Trump to interfere in the election' narrative is completely falling apart.

There was the breathless reports that US security agencies were so concerned about Trump links to Russia that they were survelling and wiretapping his campaign. After Trump made his accusations on Twitter at the weekend James Comey and James Clapper rushed out to say that there was no such spying and every liberal news outlet exclaimed there was no evidence for it. Well if there was no such spying that suggests that they weren't much concerned about it.

Then we have various reports of people meeting with the Russian ambassador, reports that invariably turn out to be complete nothing burgers.

Finally the one bit of evidence for 'Russian interference for Trump' narrative that actually seemed to have some evidence behind it, the so called 'fingerprints' of Russian hacking it turns out coyukd have easily been faked by the CIA (or possibly by agents of other governments with motives for doing this)

If people still believe this nonsense Russia and Trump worked together to hack the election propaganda narrative after all this evidence has fallen apart then they deserve mockery and I am mocking them.
Again are you high or stupid because the argument the CAiA sabatoged Hillary in order to sabatoge Trump is moronic an should be mocked
Roll Eyes
I don't know about EnglishPete, but I am going to a Willie Nelson concert tonight so it's best I respond to whatever I feel like arguing against tomorrow Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 10:03:13 AM »

Really not sure where you're coming from, son, but I can tell you from experience if we ever play Texas Hold'um together you'd better save a $20 in your shoe for cab fare home..
We use Uber now old man Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 02:10:05 PM »

BREAKING: Nunes confirms Trump was bugged during transition.

If the "legal" investigation into Trump were serious, why were they leaking everything they had? It's clear that these investigations are just legal barb wire snares. Trump and his opposition are, metaphorically speaking, fighting in trenches for control of no-mans land. These investigations are phony, barely legal methods for nefarious elements of our intelligence community to undermine a President who is rolling back their agenda.

Also, notice how when Trump says "wait until next week" for his proof to arrive, which it always does. Notice how Rachel Maddow spent months talking about Trump's taxes only to find that he was telling the truth? You guys must feel so helpless.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 02:33:26 PM »

How do you "incidentally" spy on someone? Of course they "incidentally" heard him-they were spying on these people to begin with because of their desire to smear him.

If the "legal" investigation into Trump were serious, why were they leaking everything they had? It's clear that these investigations are just legal barb wire snares. Trump and his opposition are, metaphorically speaking, fighting in trenches for control of no-mans land. These investigations are phony, barely legal methods for nefarious elements of our intelligence community to undermine a President who is rolling back their agenda.

Also, notice how when Trump says "wait until next week" for his proof to arrive, which it always does. Notice how Rachel Maddow spent months talking about Trump's taxes only to find that he was telling the truth? You guys must feel so helpless.

That tin foil hat is cutting circulation off to your brain
Let the record show that you did not debunk any content in my post, but rather just merely insulted me.

Nunes is trying to muddy up the waters and cover for Trump. He should be recused and sent to Moscow.
That is not how Committees work.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 02:41:47 PM »

How do you "incidentally" spy on someone? Of course they "incidentally" heard him-they were spying on these people to begin with because of their desire to smear him.

That tin foil hat is cutting circulation off to your brain
Let the record show that you did not debunk any content in my post, but rather just merely insulted me.

Nunes is trying to muddy up the waters and cover for Trump. He should be recused and sent to Moscow.
That is not how Committees work.
By talking to someone who is being spied on
So he is being spied on? I thought you all just said that he wasn't being spied on and that Trump was just talking to bad apples? You guys can't even keep your stories straight and you expect us to believe the most hairbrained conspiracy theory since the 9/11 was a hologram one.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2017, 02:57:21 PM »

Nunes probably broke the law:

FISA warrants on whom? I thought these were incidental and did not relate to Trump-how do we know that Nunes told Trump what exact conversations were taped?

.....unless the Oval Office was bugged when they had the conversation Wink

(that last sentence was a joke, Mondale)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2017, 03:05:54 PM »

An intern typed and emailed that out in like ten minutes. I did that a thousand times during my internships. Now Ed Rollins is involved too? lol
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2017, 03:23:02 PM »

An intern typed and emailed that out in like ten minutes. I did that a thousand times during my internships. Now Ed Rollins is involved too? lol

Dude...what are you blathering about.

Nunes, who worked on Trump's transition team, found out Trump was incidentally spied on because he was talking to criminals legally being spied on by the FBI with as Nunes said: "multiple FISA warrants"

Nunes, who's on the committee investigating this, gives an impromptu press conference to alert Trump he just found out about this despite the fact he didn't alert anyone else on the committee and what he did is technically illegal.

Shortly thereafter, a fundraising email comes out saying Trump is vindicated.

It's obvious he's trying either trying to muddy the waters and sabotage the investigation or he gave Trump a heads up because he was incidentally wire tapped doing a bunch of shady/illegal things.

I mean this isnt new, this is what happened to DC Mayor Marion Barry in the 90s. The cops were monitoring and collecting evidence against local drug dealers and incidentally discovered that the Mayor was a customer of one the dealers being surveiled and he was forced out of office and arrested.
I could have written that email during the length of his press conference. What are YOU blathering about?

Dude...what are you blathering about.

Nunes, who worked on Trump's transition team, found out Trump was incidentally spied on because he was talking to criminals legally being spied on by the FBI with as Nunes said: "multiple FISA warrants"

Nunes, who's on the committee investigating this, gives an impromptu press conference to alert Trump he just found out about this despite the fact he didn't alert anyone else on the committee and what he did is technically illegal.

Shortly thereafter, a fundraising email comes out saying Trump is vindicated.

It's obvious he's trying either trying to muddy the waters and sabotage the investigation or he gave Trump a heads up because he was incidentally wire tapped doing a bunch of shady/illegal things.

I mean this isnt new, this is what happened to DC Mayor Marion Barry in the 90s. The cops were monitoring and collecting evidence against local drug dealers and incidentally discovered that the Mayor was a customer of one the dealers being surveiled and he was forced out of office and arrested.

lol, it's so sad to see someone stuck in such a bubble just to rationalize their support for someone else.
It's sad to see you not address a single point I've made. Just continued insults. Whatever.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2017, 09:01:18 PM »

The leakers on the warpath tonight. Pretty suspicious if you ask me...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2017, 05:13:23 PM »

Committee to receive "smoking gun" next week.

Every single time Trump says "next week" Wink
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2017, 05:55:23 PM »

I never once had hope of that. I thought she should've been indicted. She'd have never gone to jail, of  course. Trump wouldn't either, nor would Nixon. Big fish don't go to real prisons in America.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2017, 06:00:42 PM »

When the bombshell lands and the usual suspects get over the tinnitus they'll surely claim during the peak of it all, Comey could end up being hung by his own noose.

Remember the FBI "civil war" in January? People knew Comey was up to no good. He lied to Congress. He'll probably have to resign.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies