Office of Pacific Justice Oakvale
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:59:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Pacific Justice Oakvale
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Pacific Justice Oakvale  (Read 874 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 15, 2013, 09:48:24 AM »
« edited: July 18, 2013, 06:37:12 PM by Oakvale »

OFFICE OF OAKVALE,
PACIFIC JUSTICE

This will serve as the place where I make announcements and judgements if I have to hear a case. Pacific residents should contact me through this thread if they wish to bring a case.

While I'm obviously perversely grateful for the Constitutional bug that allows me to serve in this position I will be moving back to my home of the Pacific as soon as is possible in the hope that we can correct that error.

As always, feel free to get in touch with any questions or concerns,

Pacific Justice

EDIT: Loads of stuff happened and I think I'm back now.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 06:28:04 PM »

Since we've apparently reverted back to the Fourth Constitution I guess I'm back in this job much like Governor Spamage is back in his. Er, good to be here.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 06:34:24 PM »

Since we've apparently reverted back to the Fourth Constitution I guess I'm back in this job much like Governor Spamage is back in his. Er, good to be here.

Welcome back!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 07:39:58 PM »

Third constitution.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 08:11:30 PM »

Third constitution.

Oh, right. The Wolfentoadstitution, anyway.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 08:18:05 PM »

Third constitution.

Yeah, I've actually brought a lawsuit against you, since the document states that the Governor is to appoint a Pacifican.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 08:33:53 PM »

Third constitution.

Yeah, I've actually brought a lawsuit against you, since the document states that the Governor is to appoint a Pacifican.

...who is a resident of the Mideast.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 08:34:36 PM »

Third constitution.

Yeah, I've actually brought a lawsuit against Governor Spamage, since the document states that the Governor is to appoint a Pacifican.

You were to appoint a Pacifican. You did not. That appointment must be ruled illegal.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 08:38:13 PM »

Third constitution.

Yeah, I've actually brought a lawsuit against Governor Spamage, since the document states that the Governor is to appoint a Pacifican.

You were to appoint a Pacifican. You did not. That appointment must be ruled illegal.

As I expect I'll end up arguing in the Court, I am a Pacifican - I was registered here first and have spent the majority of my time in Atlasia in and serving in the region - who just so happens to be legally resident in the Mideast, just as Wolfentoad apparently intended. Tongue

But let's leave this for Court if they take the case.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 08:39:48 PM »

We had a similar situation in the Northeast once, with Giovanni. Ah, the old days.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 09:04:44 PM »

Anyway, requiring that members of a region's judiciary reside in another region is a strong guarantee of meaningful separation of powers. In this respect the Pacific should be regarded as a model for the other regions to emulate. I applaud the architects of the Third Pacific Constitution for this bit of genius.

It's best to have people familiar with the regions laws and history, than someone has an aura of impartiality (but of course no guarantee). Fortunately, Oakvale does have great knowledge of the region's statute.

Do you think requiring the Governor to appoint a Pacifican to an office that can only be held by a resident of the Mideast region is "a bit of genius"?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 09:29:00 PM »

Oh, Napoleon has brought another frivolous lawsuit? That's a surprise.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies