Would Rubio do worse than Romney in the general election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:13:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Would Rubio do worse than Romney in the general election?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

He would do worse than McCain.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Would Rubio do worse than Romney in the general election?  (Read 527 times)
JonathanSwift
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 07, 2016, 02:04:17 AM »

If his performance tonight is an indicator of how he would perform in the general election debates, it's certainly possible.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 02:08:55 AM »

Could we have some more OMG RUBIO'S CAREER IS OVER threads I don't think we've blown this out of proportion enough.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 02:11:06 AM »

Could we have some more OMG RUBIO'S CAREER IS OVER threads I don't think we've blown this out of proportion enough.

I agree that this forum has milked Rubio's failure tonight a bit much, but it's hard to argue that this won't at least stall his momentum. The video of him repeating his line has gone viral, and the primary is in three days.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 02:12:27 AM »

The front page of Politico is "Choked" on top of a crest-fallen Rubio. He is rightfully being eviscerated in the media tonight and that will continue over the next 3 days. There is no other major event that can turn around his momentum between now and Tuesday.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 02:14:18 AM »

I agree that this forum has milked Rubio's failure tonight a bit much, but it's hard to argue that this won't at least stall his momentum. The video of him repeating his line has gone viral, and the primary is in three days.

I do agree that this has most definitely stalled his momentum. If there ever was a chance he could win New Hampshire, it looks pretty bleak right now. However, I still believe his campaign is strong enough to ensure at least 3rd place in the state. If not, I'll eat my words but I'm really doubting the massive effect this gaffe will have like Atlas is proclaiming.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 02:23:12 AM »

Depends on how effective the Democrats are at digging up his scandals or his flip-flops to the right. But he won't be the nominee.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 02:31:53 AM »

Yes

psychprofessor

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 02:36:44 AM »

I mean, could this have come at a worse time? Right before NH and the day before the Super Bowl, when everyone who would talk about politics has this fresh on their minds. I think he dealt a serious blow to his chances of being the nominee.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 10:14:09 AM »

9 more months of wall to wall Rubio coverage would be the worst thing for his campaign. More and more gaffes and signs of his stupidity and lack of experience. lol it would be so great, he'd probably do worse than McCain. Just imagine Sarah Palin at the top of the ticket.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 10:16:42 AM »

I think he's definitely a worse candidate than Romney, but circumstances (e.g. the economy) might allow him to do a bit better.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 10:30:35 AM »

Lord of the Dome
Rookie
Australia

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 10:46:43 AM »

I think he's definitely a worse candidate than Romney, but circumstances (e.g. the economy) might allow him to do a bit better.

And for what it's worth, I think 2016 Rubio would have been truly eviscerated as the GOP nominee in 2012. In 2016 though I honestly can't see him doing worse than Romney since that would probably entail losing NC which I just don't see happening this year.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies